Chapter 53

Leah's POV

The last few weeks went by very slow. I've been drowning myself in work to stop thinking about Jennifer.

She texted me a thousand times that she misses me and that she would to anything to turn back the time.

I also miss her. I miss her so bad. I don't know what I should do without her... It feels like I've lost a part of me. I know that I can't live without her but I just can't forgive her. 

The first time she met Ben, I told myself that it's not that bad since they only kissed but now they had sex and she didn't even denied that she liked it.

I don't even know why she met him. It makes no sense for me that she even met him because she knows that they can't just meet as friends there will always be their past. It's like she wanted to have sex with him.

This was one of my biggest fears. It may sounds stupid but it really was. I really feared that she cheats on me although I never thought she really could do this.

I knew that I could continue thinking about it so I changed into something else and drove off to the mall. I had no idea if this is going to distract me but I tried it anyways...

I went into some stores and finally stopped thinking about her and what happened but then once again I thought about it and my mood changed abruptly.

I got me some coffee and went back into my car but before I was able to start the car I got interrupted by my phone ringing. It was Jen. But I didn't accept it I just declined it because I wasn't in the mood to talk to her. Afterwards she texted me that she misses me and asked me if we can talk. But I didn't answer her, I just left her on read. I'm not in the mood to talk to her. I'm still mad, well I'm not even mad at her. I'm just really disappointed in her.

When I arrived at home, I only took a shower and went straight to bed but I couldn't even sleep so I ended up reading a book.

The book was very interesting so I kinda lost track of time so it was really late when I went to bed.

-

I woke very late the next morning but I didn't mid. I just stayed in bed for a little longer. When I got out of bed, I went downstairs and made breakfast. I ate it in peace and then went back upstairs to check my phone.

Jennifer didn't text me but she called me a few times. I really felt the need to call her back but I didn't.

I did what I had to do and drove off to Angelo to pick up Sofia. I talked a bit with Angelo and then Sofia and I drove home again. She changed into something else and then we drove off again to Los Angeles. We spent the day there and bought a few things and soon it was evening again and currently we were eating dinner.

"Why are we here?" Sofia asked.

"Because we live here" I said ironically. Sofia gave me the same look I give her when she says something really stupid. "We're here because Jen and I are currently having a hard time." I told her but my voice broke at the last few words and I felt already a few tears in my eyes to I quickly looked down at my plate.

"Mom?" She whispered and got up to hug me. "Everything will be okay, you hear me?"

"I h-hope so" I sobbed into her arms. I hate crying in front of her.

"I'm sorry for asking" She whispered.

"It's fine." I said and pulled away from the hug. "I'm sorry for crying" I laughed, making Sofia laugh. 

Sofia and I talked for a bit and afterwards watched a movie. At some point Sofia got tired and went to bed. And I just cleaned the living and then also went to bed.