Chapter 44

Leah's POV

It was half past seven when I woke up, so still enough time left to just sit down and be quiet. And that's exactly what I did.

I quietly got out of bed to not wake up Jennifer. I quickly changed into something else and went downstairs into the kitchen to make some coffee. It was a warm summer morning so I decided to sit down on the balcony.

It was wonderful. The birds were singing. The warm sun was shining in my face. It wasn't windy but there was a slight breeze. It was a beautiful morning. Just like a movie scene.

I'm so excited for later. We are really going to fly to Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. It'll be our first real holiday as a family. Of course we travelled to New York or Miami but this will be a real holiday. It'll be something special.

"Good morning." Someone mumbled and of course scared me to death. As I turned around I saw that it was Sofia.

"Good morning baby" I smiled at her. "Sit down." I said, patting next to me.

"Why are you awake?" I asked her since it couldn't been that late.

"Because my alarm tore me out of my wonderful dreams." She answered.

"What time is it?" I questioned.

"In a few minutes it'll be nine. For how long are you awake?"

"For about one and a half hours." I told her. "And Emme, Max and Jen should get up in a few minutes. Otherwise we're gonna be late." I continued.

"That won't be too bad since Jen's always late. The pilots know that for sure." She chuckled.

"I'm not always late." Jennifer groaned as she also joined us outside.

"Good morning darling." I smiled and Jen leaned in to kiss me. "Morning." She muttered against my lips.

Sofia cleared her throat, making us look at her. "You'll get over it." Jen said before placing another kiss on my lips. "I'm gonna go inside." She mumbled and after walked off.

"How did you sleep?" I asked her.

"After you let me sleep, I slept really good." She smiled.

"I didn't let you sleep?" I asked and she nodded. "You didn't let me sleep." I corrected her. "You're always horny." I added.

"Well, it's your fault. I mean, look at you." Jennifer grinned.

"Mhm" I mumbled. "Come on. You're gonna wake up the cocos and I'm gonna make breakfast." I said before walking inside. Jen nodded and went upstairs.

We all sat down to eat breakfast and after we finished, we cleaned the table and went upstairs to get ready.

-

"We have to hurry. I don't wanna be late." Jennifer shouted from downstairs. "

These are really new words from you." I chuckled and hugged her from behind.

"Yeah, funny" She mumbled.

"I'm just teasing you, baby." I smiled before leaning in and kissing her.

The kids also came downstairs but very slowly. "Jesus" Jen mumbled in an annoyed tone since we already were a bit late. "Let's go!" She said, clapping in her hands.

"Chill" The three said.

"No I won't chill. We're gonna be late." She said with a stern voice.

"Mom, you're late all the time." Max said. Jen looked at him, arching her brow.

"Just take your things and go to the car." I told them and they did what I said. And now our holiday could begin...