Chapter 5

Jennifer's POV

one week later

Emme and Max were at their fathers and Tashi and Ella were at their mothers so Alex and I decided to fly to California to our house in Malibu.

As soon as we landed we drove to the house and got ready because we decided to go to a restaurant. As he drove the car was filled with silence. I felt like this world played tricks on me. First the marriage with Ojani then the marriage with Chris. My failed engagement with Ben, my third marriage with Marc and now I'm engaged with Alex but I'm feeling like this is the end of our relationship. Not just because Leah and I had sex, I have this feeling for a little while now and it's getting stronger and stronger with everyday.

We walked into the restaurant and I could feel the people staring at us. This wasn't even that annoying because I'm used to it, more annoying was that Alex was just staring at his phone. I'm also used to this but it just annoys me. We sat on our table and looked through the menus and for my surprise Alex was able to put his phone away.

"Are you happy?" Alex asked. "What do you mean?" I replied. "Are you happy in this relationship?" He asked again. I was very confused about this because it was never a thing we talked about.

"At the moment I'm not that happy like I used to but every relationship has it's up and downs." "But you love me?" Alex asked. "Yes but can we stop talking about this in public?" "You're right." He said and we ordered our food.

We finished eating and went straight home. I think Alex wanna talk about our relationship. I don't know if I should tell him about what happened between me and Leah. I don't know if it's necessary. This relationship is going to fail anyway.

"Can we talk about it now?" He asked as soon as he closed the door behind us. "Can I first change into something more comfortable?" I replied but didn't wait for him to answer. I just walked upstairs to change.

"Tell me. Why do you wanna talk?" I replied once I walked downstairs and sat next to him on the couch.

"Because you don't look at me the same way, you don't touch me the same way and you are definitely not happy. I don't want that. I wanna see you happy. I hate seeing you like this and it hurts me." Alex said.

"I know I know. I just- I have no idea what it is." I told him and he just looked at me with a blank face. "What does that mean?" Alex asked. "It is the truth. I have no idea whats tearing me down." I lied. "Mhm" He mumbled. "I'm tired. I'm gonna go to sleep." I said and walked upstairs into the bedroom.

I went upstairs into our bedroom. Of course I didn't went to sleep - I couldn't sleep. I decided to call Leah since I knew that Alex was still downstairs so he couldn't listen.

"Hey" I said, happy to hear her voice. "Hi baby" She groaned. "I'm happy to hear your voice but did I wake you?" I asked. "Yeah... but don't worry. I'm always here to talk to you."

"Alex asked me if I'm happy." I blurted out. "Can you just tell me the whole situation?" Leah responded.

"Alex asked me if I am happy with him and I said that I'm not happy right now but that I have no idea what it is at the moment." I explained. "And what did he say?" "He asked me what it means." I answered. "And then?" "Then I went to bed." I said.

"Hmm..." She hummed "Angelo and I are getting a divorce. He moved out yesterday." Leah told me. "Oh baby... Im sorry for you." "This relationship wasn't going anywhere." She replied.

"And I made a decision." I said. "And that would be?" Leah asked me with a voice full of excitement. "I'm going to break up with Alex." I told her. "Finally." Leah said really quiet but loud enough for me to hear it. "Leah!" I hissed. "It's just that I'm glad. You don't deserve this cheating son of a bitch." She replied. "I know." I sighted.

"You are Jennifer Lopez and you deserve someone who treats you really good." She encouraged me. "You're right. I'm Jennifer fucking Lopez, a strong and independent woman." I responded. "Mhm. And I'm fucking Jennifer Lopez, a very sexy, smart and kind woman." Leah giggled.

"Can I come over after breaking up with Alex?" I asked her. "Sofias at home." Leah said. "And?" "Nothing. Of course you can over." "Thank you. But I have to hang up. Alex is coming." "I love you." "I love you too." I hung up and pretended to be asleep with success.