Chapter 16

Leah's POV

Three months went by. So much happened in this time and Jen and I are now girlfriends. I couldn't be happier about it. But not we need to tell the kids and to be honest, I'm kinda afraid of it.

My thoughts and daydreaming got interrupted due to my phone which was ringing - it was Jennifer.

"Hey" She said. "Hey baby"

"How are we going to tell the kids?" Jen asked. "I think that the best would be if we just do it separately. You tell Max and Emme and I'll tell Sofia." I suggested.

"Should we tell them today?" She asked.

"I would say so. But if you don't want to it's fine."

"No. I think it's better to tell them now."

Jennifer and I talked for a bit more until I heard that Sofia come home so we had to hang up.

"Hey mom." Sofia smiled. "Oh You're happy. What a surprise." I said. "What do you mean with that?" She asked. "This morning, before you left for school you were very rude." I told her. "Oh yeah. I'm sorry." She said but I could hear that she didn't meant it. "You should be." I said and she nodded.

"But we have to talk." I said and Sofia sat down next to me on the couch.

I am so nervous. I love Sofia and I really hope that she's okay with it because if she's not I'm not going to continue dating Jen.

"You know that lately Jen is here very often. And uhm... J-jen an-" I said but she cut me off as soon as I started stuttering. "Mom. Can you just tell me." Sofia cut me off. "Jen and I are... uh... we're dating." I said and felt tears in my eyes. "Really?" Sofia asked, sounding exited. "Mhm." I said. Sofia smiled at me and hugged me tightly. At that point I knew that everything was going to be okay.

"I'm so happy for you two. But please don't break her heart." Sofia said and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"What about Emme and Max? Do they know it already?" Sofia asked. "Not yet but Jen's also telling them this evening." I responded. "I'm really really happy for you two." She told me. "Thank you."

"So I'm getting a step-mom?" Sofia joked. "You're so funny." I joked.

-

Jennifer's POV

Today I'm really telling the cocos about Leah and me. I'm so nervous. But I know that there's no other way. Leah texted me that she already told Sofia about us and she is really happy for us.

"Emme, Max can you two please come down. We need to talk." I called them. "Did we do something." Emme asked as she came downstairs. "Where's your brother." I asked. "Here." Max said as he ran down the stairs behind her.

"What did we do?" Max asked. "Nothing." I quickly said and the two sat down next to me. "So you know that not only men and women can be in a relationship but also men with men and women with women. So Uhm..." I explained. "Yeah mom. We are twelve years old not seven anymore." Emme said. "That's a part of the story. Let me finish." I said and she nodded.

"Me and Leah have been friends for a really long time. A few months ago we fell in love with each other and now we're dating." I continued. "Really?" They said at the same time. "Yes." I said and they both came to hug me.

"So you two are okay with this?" I asked. "Of course. We love Leah" Max replied. "And you also need someone." Emme smiled. "Thank you."

"When is she coming over again." She asked. "I don't know. When do you want her to come over again?" I asked. "Tomorrow?" Emme questioned. "I'll ask her." "Good." They said at the same time and already attempted to run upstairs into their bedrooms but I stopped them, "Cocos?" I said, making them turn around to face me. "I love you." I said. "We love you too." The two responded before running off upstairs.

As soon as I heard them closing their doors, I called Leah. "Hey baby." I said. "Did you told them?" Leah asked. "Yes and they are fine with it. They even asked me when you're coming over again." I told her. "And what did you say." "I said that I have to ask you. "What about tomorrow?" She asked. "I would love that and I'm sure that the cocos would also love that." I said.

"I just hope that everthing goes well with us and with the kids." Leah sighted. "It'll go well. Sofia loves Emme and Max and Emme and Max also love Sofia." I said. "I hope so."