Chapter 41

Jennifer's POV

"Mom! I can't find my phone!" Max shouted from upstairs.

"Mom!" He yelled again but I just kept scrolling through my phone. I told him several times that he's not supposed to shout trough the whole house. And besides, he should've finished a few minutes ago because today is Leslie's birthday and we were supposed to be there on time. "Mom!" Max yelled again but this time he came downstairs.

"What baby?" I smiled.

"Why are you ignoring me?" He said angry.

"Lower your attitude and then ask me again." I said, raising my brow.

"Have you seen my phone?" Max asked again but with a different tone.

"Have you looked in your bedroom?" I asked
him.

"It isn't there." Max sighted.

"Then look in Emmes bedroom." I suggested. Max looked at me for a quick second before rushing upstairs again.

"I thought you're finished?" Emme said to Max.

"I am but I can't find my phone." Max responded and Emme let out a sight. 

"Thank god you're ready. You're brother needs too long to get ready." I sighted.

"We are gonna be so late" Emme mumbled.

"Max, we don't have time for that. Just go without it." I shouted since Lynda already texted me that she's waiting for us.

"Found it!" Max happily shouted. He rushed downstairs and we could finally go.

The three of us walked outside and quickly got into Lynda's car.

"Hey y'all" Lynda grinned.

"Hey" I said in a stressed tone.

"Hi aunt Lynda" Emme and Max said. "Lucie!" They said as they saw their cousin and joined her in the backseat.

"What's wrong?" Lynda asked me.

"These two are stressing me out." I mumbled.

"We've literally done nothing mom." Emme said and Max agreed by nodding his head.

"You argue because of everything and there's also your annoying attitude." I said, arching my brow.

"It's not our fault. It's not like we wanted you to have us." Max said. "But here we are." Emme agreed.

"And it's not my fault. I already told you that Santa got me you two for Christmas but he was a bit too late." I responded. "And I still love you two." I said.

"And we love you." Emme and Max responded.

"Aww" Lynda mumbled. "Can we drive?" She asked and I nodded.

As we arrived at Leslie's home, the kids rushed to the door and Lynda and I walked behind them.

"Aunt Leslie!" They all said as she opened the door. "Happy birthday!" They smiled, handing her their presents.

"Aww... Thank you so much." Leslie smiled and hugged them before the kids ran inside to join the others who were already there.

"Happy birthday!" Lynda and I hugged her and handed her our presents. "Thank you" She smiled.

"Are we the last ones or is someone still missing?" Lynda asked her.

"Everybody's here so you're the last ones." She responded.

"Max couldn't find his phone." I said.

"And I came too late to pick her up." Lynda said.

We went inside and the first one I recognized was my father... I have to say that I was a bit afraid because we haven't talked since he found out that I'm with Leah so I hope it's not gonna ruin everything.