Chapter 9: I Like Girls

Steve's pov

I heard all of El's and Mike's conversation since they were talking too loud. Robin had told me she liked girls. And I kept her secret because she's scared. And I respected that.

Looks like Mike doesn't care at all. I felt so bad for el. She was crying and it wasn't even her fault. Sure I got rejected by Robin too but as soon as I found out the reason I didn't mind.

But Mike was being an asshole. I sharply grabbed his arm and went to the back room. "what are you doing?" Mike asked. I gave him a 'are you serious' look. "What the hell was that?" I yelled. "she has feelings for a girl Steve! While she's with me! She's a freaking dyke-" Mike yelled "Do not call her that again, do you hear me wheeler?" I yelled.

"why? Why do you care, are you a Dyke too or something Steve?" he yelled. Wtf. "No! But I know how to respect other people's sexualities without making them feel like shit!" I yelled. "She could have respected me but no! She decided to be a dyke and making me feel like she wanted me" he said.

"She did like you wheeler! And you don't decide who you are! She was already like this but didn't know yet! Obviously she figured it out now and came to tell you!" I yelled. "That's such bullshit!" he said.

"so what do you prefer her still being with you while she has feelings for max? She trusted you by telling you" I said. "what do you mean by trust!?" he asked.

I scoffed. "liking girls or boys liking boys isn't easy! We live in a small town that doesn't accept people like el, she was scared to tell you but she still did" I said.

"and you are being such a jerk for reacting like this! You make her feel like shit for absolutely no reason! It's not her fault she likes girls" I said.

"of course it's her fault!! She likes max! Who? Max! The girl that had been keeping el away from me all summer-" he said but paused.

He gasped. "max is a dyke too isn't she? That's why lucas was so mad and didn't even tell his best friend-i fucking knew it, max was always jealous when el and I were together she's corrupting her-"he said about to walk out.

I grabbed him again. "you're not going anywhere" I calmy said. "I don't know if max is but its none of your business, and if lucas accepted her so should you, alright!! Use your brain wheeler" I yelled.

"Yeah well lucas should have told me! I'm his best friend!" he yelled. "well maybe because he respected max? Have you thought of that, lucas is mature enough to know that it isn't max's fault, if she is" I said.

"Oh now you're saying I'm immature? Wow" he scoffed. "yes! That's exactly what I'm saying, look at you! Blaming a girl for having feelings for another girl, if you loved her you would understand her" I said.

"you sound like a dad you know that! Why do you even care? It's out shit" he said. I stared at him. "because I care about all of you! And I won't let you hurt anyone, okay?" i said louder this time.

"now, here's what you'll do, you will either go apologise right now! Or go home, think about all this and what you've done and come apologise to her? Okay? I believe you're nice deep down, get your shit together" I yelled.

*meanwhile Robin and el*

El's pov

I could hear Steve and Mike yelling at each other. The only things I've felt was embarrassment, ashamed, disgusted by myself, stupid, useless, guilty. So many emotions all at once.

I shut my eyes off, trying to calm my nerves. I also covered my ears so they would block the yellings. It worked only a little. I was breathing heavily. I remember I used to do this when I was in the lab.