Chapter 40: Nick Part 2

Max's pov

Our conversation with nick has been interrupted by Billy bursting in the room. Nick flinched by the sound not expecting it. We both looked at him as he looked at us for an awkward moment.

"hello" Billy said. "hi?" I said. Nick just looked at him not saying anything. "you're not going to say hello?" Billy said. "um.. hi" nick said. Billy gave me a look I can't really describe.

Billy cleared his throat. "so um, who's this?" Billy asked. "nick, he's from my class" I said since nick didn't answer right away. "hm.. okay and what are you doing here.. Nick?" he asked. He's always been over protective I don't know why he's acting like that.

Nick's face was slightly red. Is he scared of Billy? I mean he looked kinda scary.. The way he's just standing there lecturing him.
"oh-um-I'm here to see how max is doing" nick stuttered lightly. "aham, I see, well nick-I believe you have to go because max needs to sleep" Billy lied.

I was kind of relieved he kicks him out but at the same time, I felt bad. But I don't want el to think I like him now. "oh.. He's your brother?" nick asked turning to me.

I nodded. "step brother" Billy corrected him smiling. "um, okay then.. I'll leave, can I come by tomorrow?" nick asked. Oh hell no. I looked at Billy for help.

"oh.. Sorry I'm busy tomorrow. My friends will come visit me" I said since Billy wouldn't speak. He looked disappointed. "oh okay.. See you then. Get well soon" he said as he put his hand on top of mine.

I just froze not knowing what to do. I don't think he understood me earlier but I let it go for now. Since he's not coming back.. I hope so at least.

Then he left. "Okay-what the hell max?!" Billy said. "what? He came I couldn't do anything about it!" I said. "you could have just asked him to leave" Billy said. "how exactly??" I said. "I don't know somehow! Your girlfriend is quite upset outside" he said. My heart skipped a beat.

"did you really kick her out just to talk to, nick? Whoever he is" he said. "I didn't kick her out! I would never do that, nick asked her to and she did" I said. He scoffed. "and you let it happen?" he said. "what was I supposed to do? He wanted to see me so I had to let him in! He said he likes me and I told him I don't feel the same way!!" I said.

He paused. "well, el doesn't know that!" he said. He was right. "I-can you tell her to come?" I asked little bit clamer this time. He sighed and nodded. After a half of minute she finally came. I guess she hesitated..

"hey.." I said. She slowly walked over to me and sat down. She looked at me but didn't say anything. "el-I don't like him-" I started but she cut me off. "then why did you lie?" el asked slightly sadly. "i-its not safe, no one can know.. I'm sorry" I said.

"okay.." she said. "Okay..?" I said. "what do you want me to say max?" she asked in calm tone but I could tell she was upset. "I know they can't know, I just don't like-the idea of you being embarrassed of me.." el said.

My heart broke. Why does she think that? "W-what? What are you even saying babe? I was never or will i be embarrassed of you!" I said. "no but you're embarrassed to be with me" she said.

"No! Quite the opposite! You don't understand love, we can't come out. We're considered as not normal so we.. can't show people.. It's so unfair. Do you know how badly I want to tell everyone you're mine, to hold your hand in public, to show people how happy you make me feel? How lucky I am?

I wish we could... I swear to god el.. I love you so much and I'm not embarrassed of you, its all because of the society. I barely even know nick! Only like once when he asked for a pencil, we had no other conversations so obviously I don't even know him. I can't just trust him, how do I know he won't go tell everyone we're together?"I said.

I grabbed her hand."You're right.. I'm sorry" el quietly said as she finally made eye contact with me since she was looking down this whole time. "no, don't apologise its not your fault at all.. You had every right to be upset, I'm so sorry, what I did was fucked up.." I said.

She slightly smiled at me. "it's okay max.. really.. I understand why you did it..we'll or if come out whenever we're ready" el softly said caressing my band. I smiled back.

834 words!! To be continued!!
I just watched enola Holmes 2 and dear zoe!!! 😎💪💪Who else watched them?!! 😁