Chapter 21: Neil Escaped?

Max's pov (the same afternoon after max a asked el to be her girlfriend+ Mike's confession to will at Mike's house at the same time)

El and I were still chilling. "hey wanna have a sleepover?" el suddenly asked as we were in her bed cuddling, watching tv. "hmmm maybe" I joked as she laughed. "come on babee" she whined jokingly.

I blushed at the nickname. She noticed and pinched my cheeks. I groaned 'in pain' playfully,it didn't hurt I just like teasing her. "are hopper and Joyce okay with it?" I asked.

"yeah definitely, why would they say no, but you know what, just for you not to be worried about that I'll go ask real quick, you can call your mom to let her know as well" el said standing up and kissed my forhead gently, making me blush.

I nodded as she left the room. I stood up and went to the phone. "hey mom, is it okay if I sleep over at El's tonight?" I asked when she picked up. "yeah sure, how did it go by the way!" she asked excitedly. I could already feel that silly smile she has when she's excited or happy.

"it went amazing, I'm like really happy right now" I said smiling widely. "that's great! I knew she would say yes, you were stressing over nothing" she said. I rolled my eyes. "I guess you're right.."i admitted.

"mom's always right" she said laughing. "not always but sure" I said. "okay whatever max, have fun at your sleepover and be nice, be back at at least before 1 pm tomorrow. Just come back home when you wake up, Billy's at home anyway" she said

"yeah yeah I know mom, I've had tons of sleep overs I've gotten used the program or whatever" I said. "okay okay, I'm just making sure you know" she said. "alright thanks mom, goodnight"I said. "goodnight" she said as I hung up.

El came back. "obviously they said yes soo" el excitedly said jumping up and down excitedly. I laughed. She suddenly hugged me.

"what was that for?" I asked laughing, not admitting I loved it. Her hugs are the best. I feel so safe and warm. I feel safe and happy. "I can't hug my girlfriend?" she asked pulling away, raising her eyebrow. I blushed once again.

"of course you can dummy" I said smiling and kissed her cheek quickly. I'm still afraid she might change her mind and not want to be with me. Or it's just my stupid over thinking. One of my most bad habits is over thinking. I wish I could make it stop.

This time she was the one who blushed. "you're so pretty and all but I think it's time to change to our pijamas isn't it darling" she said. I frowned at the nickname.

"darling?" I asked laughing. "I've heard it somewhere in tv, a man called her wife darling and I liked that word, is it bad? I'm sorry-" she said but I cut her off by kissing her. She was adorable when she got nervous.

"no it's not bad at all, I love it, stop stressing" I said smiling. She sighed relieved and smiled back. We changed into sweatpants and hoodies. It's kind of cold to be honest.

It was like 1 am or something. So we had to sleep. I noticed el shivering underneath the sheets. I slowly pulled her by the weist closer to me and wrapped my arms around her. She let herself lay on me, keeping her as warm as possible.

She buried her head on my shoulder. "are you cold babe" I whispered as I felt her nodding. I hugged her a bit tighter, pulling the sheets over us to keep us more warm.

Will's pov *before*

I was still at Mike's house. We decided to chill in his room. We decided to watch some tv. I suddenly felt Mike's hand holding mine under the blankets. I blushed hard and gulped nervously. I've been dreaming about this for years..

Just holding Mike's hand. I know, holding hand isn't a big deal. When you're in love, it is a big deal. It's an amazing feeling you can't really describe. It's like a spark, tons of butterflies.

I looked at him, he did the same and we both smiled. I noticed his face slightly red as well. Of course I didn't stop his hand and continued watching. Not that I could. I was still trying to process what's going on and everything that had happened in like an hour or 2 I don't quite remember.

Let's just say I kind of panicked (a/n: gay panic *cough* cough*, jk jk, ill shut up sorry). I finally got the chance to be with the boy I had a crush on for years.

I still felt bad for being with Mike after el. I know it's been a short time but we're basically together, I suppose? Secretly. You know it feels like we're doing that behind her back, well technically yeah.

But she's with max so I don't think she'll be mad. I feel like she'll be mad because obviously I'm dating her ex, but won't really mind since she's happy with max at the moment.

Mike must have noticed. "hey.. are you okay?" he asked. I snapped back into reality and looked at him. "yeah.. Yeah I'm fine" I said. "are you sure?" he asked as I nodded

"hey will..if you don't want to be with me because of el or anything, I understand you can just tell me" Mike softly said after a few minutes. "no, I totally want to be with you I'm just scared of El's reaction" I said.

"yeah.. I'll tell her as soon as possible" he said. "yeah yeah, no pressure Mike. I know how hard it is, so I just want you to know that I get how you feel. We'll try to let her know as soon as possible, together" I said smiling. He smiled. "yeah.. together" he said returning the smile

"hey.. Wanna stay for a sleepover? We hadn't had one in a while" Mike asked. "um..sure, I'm gonna call my mom and let her know" I said. And I called my mom. She said yes fortunately so mike and I after a few hours we decided to go to sleep.

Max's pov *now*

As el and I were sleeping we heard a weird sound. Both of us were awaken up. We saw the time it was 1 am. El hugged me immediately scared.

Suddenly someone managed to open the window. Both El's and my heart was beating fast in fear. It was Neil. What. The. Fuck. How? So many questions all at once. He looked at us angrily and gave us a devil smile.

That smile.. it scares me every. single. time. That scaring feeling will never go away. I had always been scared that he might come back. But then I reminded myself that he's in jail and that I was safe. My biggest fear became true in that right moment.

"help!!" el and I immediately screamed but he managed to ran to us and covered our mouths. He sharply grabbed both of us. We both tried out best to fight back but he was too strong. "shut the fuck up or I'll shoot you" Neil whispered to us. We both nodded,scared for our lives. Not that we had a choice.

He immediately picked us both and we jumped out (it wasn't too high) he put us in a car and drove us god knows where.. I was mostly scared for el. I can't imagine how hard it is for her too. After all that trauma. I didn't want to lose her.. I can't. I love her... he tighted us up.

God knows how and where he found all those things. He must had brought them from our house. In the backyard. I got scared for my mom and Billy as well. Did he hurt them too? Were they alive? Safe? We for sure know that he has a gun. I was so stressed and scared..

Hopper's pov

I woke up by the phone ringing loudly. Someone kept calling me over and over again. That means it's an emergency. I quickly stood up and answered it. "hop, that prisoner we arrested a few days ago is gone,we don't know where he is-" the cop told me through the phone. My heart dropped and eyes widened.

"what do you mean you don't know where he is!! Don't you check the cameras and everything!" I yelled. "I'm sorry-" he said but I hung up. I immediately ran to El's and Will's room. Will said he's at a sleepover at Mike's. It was weird that he hangs out with Mike but he said he would explain that to el in the morning.

I opened the door. I almost had a heart attack. Joyce came too. We both froze in fear, nervous, many emotions.
They're not there.....

1515 words. To be continued...
I think I should leave it like that for tonight soo sorry I leave it in cliffhanger again. Forgive me