Chapter 38: Getting Food For Max

El's pov

It was Saturday morning. Its been a few days since max woke up. The doctor didn't allow her to eat any specific food or fast food but today morning the doctor told max's mom that she can but not too much.

Max was still asleep. It was 10 in the morning. I usually wake up early. Hopper had a day off so he of course came. "dad?" I whispered so max won't wake up. He nodded. "can I talk to you?" I asked, he nodded and we both went outside.

"what is it kid?" he asked. "can we go get max food, good food since she's allowed to now. She'll be so happy and maybe.. go to the market to get her some sweets?" I asked shyly not sure if he would agree.

He smiled. "sure kid, wanna go now?" he asked. I nodded. I went back into the room to put on my shoes quietly. We told max's mom where we were going. "hold on, let me give you money it's okay-" max's mom said as we were about to leave. Billy was out with a friend by the way.

"oh no, don't you even think about it, I can't accept it" hopper said seriously. I love how parents always argue. It's quite fun to look at. "No it's okay-" max's mom insisted going through her wallet.

"Susan, please I insist. It's just food" hopper softly said. Max's mom nodded.

*in the car*

"so.. Where to?" hopper asked smiling as we both put on our seat belts. "uhh she really loves Mcdonalds and burger King, I'm between those two" I said. I paused for a second to think. "I think we should go to Mcdonalds" I said. He nodded and started the car.

"what would you like to get her from the store though?" he asked after in the middle oft the ride. "oh I was thinking some of her favorite chocolate and candy, oh! Can we also get her nuggets from Mcdonalds! She really loves them!-" I said not realising I was smiling.

I heard him chuckling next to me. I turned to look at him confused. "what?" I asked giggling. "nothing, it's just.. funny" he said smiling. I frowned. "what's funny?" I asked.

"how much you love and care about her.. If someone did all those things for me, be by my side every day when I'm not well, buy me things to make me smile and everything I would die" he said laughing slightly behind a smile.

I blushed smiling. "yeah.. I do" I said. "that's true.. All I want to do is make her smile and happy, that's why I want to get her food. She got really sad when she couldn't" I said slightly at the end remembering how dramatically sad she was when Billy was eating in front of her when she wasn't allowed to.

"Yeah.. Well, let's go make her smile then" he said smiling.

*after buying food*

We got back into the car. We got food for everyone obviously not just for max. "thanks dad" I said smiling. "no problem kid" he said back smiling.

*meanwhile*

Max's pov

It was 10:30 in the morning. I saw el in no sight. I was confused. No one was in the room. 'Did they all leave me?' I thought. I rang the little button you press when you need the nurse (a/n: I don't know what it's called my apologies). It wasn't important I was just curious on where everyone is.

The nurse immediately came. "what is it honey, is everything okay?" she asked kindly. "yeah, um, I just wanted to know where everyone is" I said. "oh, your mom is outside give me a second to get her sweetheart" she said as she walked out.

My mom walked in. The nurse then left. "oh hey, good morning max, how are you feeling?" she asked. "better.. Where's el" I asked. She laughed for some reason.

"she went to get something with hopper, don't worry she didn't leave you" she said. I laughed a little. I've kinda thought that not gonna lie. "oh okay, where?" I asked. She shrugged. I frowned. "they didn't tell you?" I asked confused. "nope not really" she said.

"okay I guess" I said. "Where's Billy?" I asked. "he's with a friend" she replied. "of course he is" I said as she laughed. I didn't mind I was just joking. Good for him, he can't stay here forever. Like he was doing anything special in here. He was sleeping most of the time.

After about 15 minutes el came back. "el! Hi!!" I said excited to see her. I then realised she was holding bunch of bags in her hands and followed by hopper behind her.

"what are those?" I asked. She smiled. "I brought food for you, we've already given the other's and those are for you, I've also got you some chocolate and candy" she said. I was in awe.

"aw thank you! That's so sweet of you, Mcdonalds oh my god I missed that!" I said excited. She knows me too well. "I know" she said laughing at my excitement.

"candy and chocolate too?" I asked in awe. I was happy because I missed eating those. Or only by the thought of el getting me those melted my heart. She nodded smiling. "you didn't have to" I quietly said looking at her with heart eyes.

"yes I did" she said. "I love you" I mouthed to her smiling. She blushed and smiled. "I love you too" she said back. We all sat down, opened the bags and stuff. I randomly gasped. "jesus maxine! You scared me!" my mom said with a hand on her chest. Oops

"sorry.. You got me nuggets too oh my god!!" I said happily. She nodded smiling. "see El's taking good care of you" my mom said smiling. I don't deserve el. She's the best girlfriend ever. Not just because she got me food and stuff because of..her just as a normal human being. Just by her existence. I just love her so much I can't explain it.

"unlikely Billy who started eating in front of me!" I said. They all laughed. "it's not funny guys, it was terrifying. Seeing someone eating burgers and won't give you any, it's terrible" I said taking a bite of my burger.

1069 words. To be continued!!