Chapter 58: Decorating The Christmas Tree

Max's pov

"Oh my god we should definitely put on some Christmas songs while decorating the tree!" el said. I giggled. My mom put on Christmas songs as we started setting up the tree. El also suggested we put on Christmas sweaters Joyce bought.

My mom helped us until the part where settle the tree and she left us put on the ornaments. So it was just el and I. El was quite excited by this. She likes decorating stuff. I smiled looking at her.

"Do you think I should put the purple one-" el said but trailed off when she looked at me. "what?" I asked. I must have zoned out staring at her with the stupid smile on my face like a simp

"were you staring at me?" she giggled. "me? Nah" I said making her laugh. "yeah sure" she said smirking. "anyways, should we put this purple ornament?" she asked. "Ooo yeah why not" I said. Purple is not really my color but I still like it.

El really likes purple, it's one of her favourite colours and it suits her somehow. She smiled and stood to think where to put it. "Oh! I found the perfect spot" she said.

I put on some as well but I kept asking her where to put it because I wasn't so good at it. In other years my mom would always grab the ornaments I put on  and place them somewhere else.

At some point el looked at the tree thinking of where to put one. I decided to tease her a little by tickling her waist. She gasped. "oh my god max you scared me!" she said loudly. I laughed and tickled her even more making her laugh. "stop!" she said laughing

I finally stopped after a few seconds. I didn't pull away though. I instead wrapped my arms around her waist , hugging her from behind while resting my chin on her shoulder.

I noticed her shivering at my touch which made me smile we she kept looking at the tree. "Uhh where should I put it" she mumbled to herself thinking. I then planted a gentle kiss on her shoulder.

She turned around. She smiled at me. I still had my arms resting on her waist as she put her hand around my neck and leaned in. I kissed back as we both smiled through the kiss.

I pulled her closer by her waist still kissing her. "I brought you something to drink woah-" suddenly we heard my mom's voice. We pulled away quickly, our faces red

"I thought you were decorating the tree, sorry for interrupting I guess?" my mom awkwardly said. "uh we uh, we are" I stuttered. "yeah" el said agreeing.

My mom laughed. "whatever, here I brought ice tea and apple juice which el loves to drink" my mom said placing the drinks on the table next to us. "thanks" we both thanked her.

She then left. El and I looked at each other and giggled. "alright let's continue decorating" el said. "One more kiss?" I said. She looked at me, smiled, nodded and then leaned in for another kiss.

We then continued decorating. "girls I'm gonna go to the grocery store-" my mom said walking into the living room. She cut herself off and gasped. "Oh my god! The tree is so beautiful, well done girls" my mom said smiling

"It's not done yet and it's all on el" I said smiling. "No it's not you've helped as well" el said. "Well, I know max isn't so good at decorating" my mom said laughing. I gasped. "Oh wow thanks mom" I said making both of them laugh. "anyways I'll go" my mom said. We nodded and then she left.

El's pov

Max's mom left so it was just max and I. "alright! Last part are the lights" I said. Max groaned annoyed. "I so hate the lights! They're the worst and hardest part" max complained. "It's fine we'll figure it out my love" I said making her blush. I giggled at her blushing.