Chapter 93: The Wheelers (part 2)

Nancy's pov

After my dad slapped me I just cried and cried. "Stop acting and crying like a baby! Grow up!" my dad yelled. "Ted please let's go downstairs-" my mom tried. "Are you on her side?!" my dad told my mom. My mom didn't say anything.

"there are no sides, let's just go" my mom said. My dad scoffed and walked outside of my room. He slammed the door so loudly I thought it would break.

I just kept staring at the wall as tears fell. I was trying not to sob. My mom was still there. "Could you go please" I quietly said. I couldn't handle her yelling or lecturing me as well. My dad has done enough.

"Nancy.. You know I love you no matter what-" my mom softly said. "I don't think you do" I quietly said. She then sat down next to me. I still kept staring at the wall. I could tell she was looking at me

"Nancy look at me please" she said. I slowly turned to her. She looked at me with sad eyes. "I'm sorry.." I sobbed out. She frowned as she looked like she was about to cry. "For what?" she asked sadly as she opened her arm.

I immediately hugged her. I started sobbing. "For being a disappointment" I said through sobs. "Nancy! You're not a disappointment and you've never been, please don't say that. You're talented, smart, beautiful, kind. You have a golden heart. You think you liking girls will change my mind? What's important is to be a good person, gay or not" my mom said.

I kept crying but her words started to make me feel better. I hugged her tightly. I haven't hugged like this for god knows how long. I felt like a kid who ran to her mom for comfort.

I felt weak, I didn't want to be weak. I could have been confident and stand up for myself but no, I instead just sat there's listening to my dad yelling on my face telling me the worst things I've ever listened. I just sat there doing nothing

I've tried my best not to cry in front of my parents, mostly dad. I didn't want to seem weak. I'm sure that made him dominant. He made me feel like trash, like I shouldn't exist, like I'm disgusting for being like this. For feeling like this

"It's okay.. Let it out.. Cry for as much as you want.. I'm here.. I Love you" I heard her whispering, rubbing my back to comfort me. After about 5 minutes of crying I finally started to calm down slightly.

She pulled away. "I'll try to talk to your dad.. He's just in shock-" my mom softly said. I shook my head. "He's not in shock mom.. You know him. I've known that he hates gay people for long. He won't change" I said.

"I don't know nance.. I will try" she said sadly. I nodded. I knew nothing would change but I appreciate her being supportive. "What's her name" she suddenly asked after seconds of silence.

I frowned. But then after a second I realised who she was talking about. "Oh.. Robin" I said. She smiled. "She's really pretty I would say" my mom said smiling. I smiled back. "she is.." I quietly said.

"How long has this been going on?" she asked. "For a couple of weeks" I said. She nodded smiling slightly. "that's great, I'm happy for you" she said. "Thank you mom" I said quietly smiling.

Suddenly we heard a knock on my bedroom room. My heart skipped a beat thinking and fearing it was my dad. "Yes?" my mom said for me as she immediately grabbed my hand once she saw my expression

The door opened. Mike appeared. I sighed relieved. "Can I come in?" he quitely said. We nodded. He walked in and closed the door behind him.

He slowly walked over to us. He sat next to me. He stared at the ground for a couple of seconds until he hugged me quickly. I could tell he hesitated because we never hugg each other.