Chapter 6: Baking Cookies

Max's pov

I got home. I wasn't sure what to wear. I wanted to impress el to be honest. All I thought about was her. It drives me crazy. I wore a denim jacket with black ripped jeans. I wore my black and white vans.

I've been trying to fix my hair for like 5 minutes, it was getting annoying. Suddenly my mom came in my room. Without knocking of course. "jeez mom, why can't you knock the door?" I complained. "what's with the attitude maxine, it's not a big deal" my mom said.

I rolled my eyes and went back to fixing my hair."where are you heading to? Are you going to see a boy?" my mom asked standing next to me in front of the mirror. My heart stopped a beat. Yeah sure mom a boy..

"what? No mom, I'm not going to see a boy why" I said. "because you're like really focusing on trying to look good, your hair looks amazing okay?" she said.

"so where are you going?" she asked. Why does she care so much. "over at el's house" I said. "wait your friend el who took you home?" she asked. I nodded. "oh.. okay well have fun maxine" she said smiling and walked out of my room.

I hate my full name. My mom and Neil keep calling me that no matter how many times I've corrected them. I give up at this point. Well Billy.. It depends, he sometimes calls me max, maxine or other stuff such as 'red', 'carrot' obviously to annoy me.

I then put perfume on, I didn't want to wear makeup, I don't really like it. The only thing I might put on is some lip gloss. After I finished getting ready I walked into Billy's room. I could tell he was home by his loud music he puts on. God that's so annoying.

I knocked on the door and of course he didn't hear it from how loud the music was. I just got in. "Billy" I said. No response, he was still working out. "Billy" I said louder this time.

He closed the music annoyed. "what?" he asked. "can you give me a ride?" I asked. He sighed. "where to?" he asked. "at el's" I said. He smiled. "don't give me that look billy" I said. "okay okay, I'll take you" he said.

*later at el's house*

"alright have fun" Billy said and I got out of the car. I knocked on the door. Surprisingly will was the one who opened the door. "oh hey max, what are you doing here?" he asked. "oh el told me to come over" I said. "ohh okay come in" he said opening the door for me and I thanked him.

I saw el running down the stairs, like so fast that I thought she would fall down the stairs. "el, don't run on the stairs!!" I heard hopper yelling from the living room. El was incredibly gorgeous. She was wearing a cute light blue sweatshirt with light blue ripped jeans and white converse.

She ran to hug me. I hugged back smiling like an idiot. She was hugging me tightly. Was she that excited to see me?

"woah el, you're gonna choke and kill her" will said giggling. "sorry... I just missed her" el said pulling away. "you just saw me a few hours ago" I said laughing. "I still missed you" she said smiling, I couldn't help but blush.

"alright should we go upstairs?" she asked as I nodded. "see you will" I told will smiling. "see you" he replied returning the smile. "what do you wanna do?" el asked as soon as we got into her room. "I don't know" I said. "ohh how about we put on some music and dance??" el asked smirking.

My eyes widened. I once told her that I used to dance when I was little, I was forced to actually by my mom. She wanted me to do a 'girl' thing. But then I stopped. "no I'm not dancing" I said. "oh come on maxiee" she said grabbing my hands. That nickname made me blush lightly.

If someone else called me that I would probably punch them but I like when el calls me. We started dancing and singing.

We've gotten tired so we decided to go downstairs to drink water. Joyce was in the kitchen. "oh hey girls I'm baking cookies!!" Joyce excitedly said. "oh my god it smells amazing" el said. "do you want to help me make them?" Joyce asked. We both looked at each other smirking and nodded. This should be fun.