Chapter 65: Art Class

Max's pov

It was the next day and we had art class. "alright everyone I brought back all your drawings!" the teacher said. She wanted to take our drawings to check them and stuff.

It was El's turn after. She walked student by students to talk about their drawings and stuff. "Jane! Your drawings are incredible!! You've got talent" the teacher said smiling. I couldn't help but smile as well.

She was talented indeed. "Is that your best friend max ine-oh sorry max I forgot you don't like people calling you that" the teacher said. "It's alright" I said. El nodded. "Ooo that's so awesome! She looks just like your drawing-" the teacher said going through all the drawings and stopped when she finally found the one she wanted.

"Oh my god Jane! You drew max perfectly! Well done" the teacher said excitedly. Then she started going through mine. She talked about some of my drawings just like others. I'm not so good at drawing to be honest. "These are actually not bad max! Compared to last year's, I'm proud of you. Did Jane help you?" the teacher asked smirking.

I looked at el. I nodded. "Aww that's okay, I hope she's just helping you and not doing all of the drawing" the teacher said. "I'm just helping her Mrs" el said. "oh okay thats great then, well done max and Jane. Keep up the good work!" the teacher said smiling. We nodded and smiled. Then she left and went to the students next to us.

"Oh my god el that's so good! I'm proud of you" I said grabbing her hands. I know she loves drawing and how excited she is so I was so happy seeing her like this. "Thank you!" she said giggling.

"Ugh I wish I could draw you better, you look so pretty and I made it bad-" I said. "hey It's just a drawing relax" she said giggling. I laughed and nodded. "Hey el" I've heard a boy saying next to us.

He was a quiet guy. "yeah?" el asked confused. "uhh this might sound weird but I've heard the teacher saying some really nice stuff about your drawings and I was wondering if you could help me as well?" he said.

I felt jealous. "Uhh I don't know-" el said. "I'm not flirting with you, don't worry max" the guy said smiling at me. What? Does he know? El and I froze and looked at each other confused and shocked. "Oh um-" I said. He laughed.

"It's alright don't panic, I know what you guys are and I'm not gonna tell anyone anything, plus it's not a big deal so why would I and its none of my business?!" the guy said. I was shocked.

"it's obvious you don't have to hide it you know, I'm not homophobic just so you know-" he said. "Yeah thank you" i said. "Anyways could you help me el please?" he asked. "Max you could join too" he said. "It's fine, I'll stay here" I said.

I didn't want to be toxic and just go there to 'watch' and make sure she won't cheat or like that guy. I trust her. Plus, his explanation is convincing. He seemed okay I guess.

"Come on I don't bite" he said laughing. "Okay fine" I said. I sat down next to el, and that guy named Marcus was sitting next to el. "I know it's pretty bad" he said showing el and I his drawings. "uhh it's not that bad" el said. "it's not?" he asked smiling.

"who are you drawing?" I asked after he flipped his sketchbook and revealed the next drawing which was draw someone. I drew el and el drew me. "oh um its my girlfriend" he said blushing.

El and I looked at each other smirking slightly. "Aww that's cute, what's her name?" I asked. I don't know why I was relieved that he had a girlfriend because I was hoping he didn't like mine.

"Uhh Anne" he said smiling. El and I nodded smiling. "She's so pretty and I made her look like shit!" he said making us both laugh. We didn't mean to laugh but the way he said it.. We couldn't hold it in.

"It's not funny! I don't want to show her this! She will hate me" he said disappointed. "Uhh hey Marcus. I don't draw so good as well, I drew Jane as well and I didn't do so good" I said showing him the drawing hoping to make him feel better.

El smiled at my thought for some reason. "yours is not so bad.." he quietly said still disappointed. "We can.. Um fix it!" el said trying to encourage him.

"Do you have like a picture of her?" el asked so she can help him out. "yeah of course one second" he said getting his backpack. "I found it!" he said placing the picture on the desk. It was a picture of him and his girlfriend.

"Aww you two look so good together" I said. El nodded agreeing smiling. "thanks you too" he said smiling. El and I both blushed. We didn't say anything. At this point he just knew so we didn't want to comment anything about what he just said.

"you did her eyes okay" el said. "thanks, her eyes are my favourite part of her. They're so beautiful. They're blue, you can't really tell from the picture" he said.

El looked at me and smiled when he said blue eyes. I smiled back blushing. "you can tell a little bit" I said looking at the picture. He stared at me and gasped excitedly.

(a/n: I just found a random picture pls don't ask who they are because I don't know haha)

"Her eyes look like Max's! Could you help me with that?" he asked. "Uhh sure" el said giggling at his reaction. So did I. "Thank you so much" he said. "no problem" el said. I noticed the party looking at us confused.

I put my thumbs up to signal that everything's alright. Suddenly the teacher walked towards us. "Aww how nice of you Jane helping Marcus!" the teacher said smiling. El just smiled. She then just left.

I was glad el was getting those compliments. I knew little things such these make her happy. As she should. It was a good day today. I was hoping no one would ruin it. El showed him a couple of stuff and then he continued on his own.

He asked for help at times as we were drawing. I didn't feel jealous. Only at first but not after. Because I could tell he wasn't flirting or anything.

"he's cool" I said. "yeah, do you like him or something?" she asked smirking jokingly. I frowned and faked gagged. "god I was trying to say something nice about someone for once! I'm not into him" I said giggling.

She laughed. "I'm joking bab-" she said but then trailed off. I noticed Marcus a chair away from us smirking. He must have heard it. Then the bell rang. "Uhh thanks again Jane for the help, same with you max! Sorry if I made any of you uncomfortable-" he said.

"you didn't-it's fine" I said. He smiled. "alright thanks, I'll continue this next lesson" he said. We nodded.

1220 words. To be continued!
Hi!