Chapter 79: The Incident

TW:*mentions of abuse and rape*

Max's pov

*after Christmas break*

Christmas break it was time to go back to school. It was the first day after the holidays. We had maths in the first period. Next period we had pe. El and I were walking

"hey max! El!" we heard a voice speaking from behind us. We turned around to see how it was. It was emily. "Hey, sorry to bother" she said out of breath.

"have you been running?" I asked. "Kind of" she said out of breath. El and I looked at each other and giggled. "What's up?" I asked confused, obviously she wanted something.

"I just asked a girl out!" she said excitedly. "Really?" I asked smiling. So did el. Fortunately el didn't seem jealous. Emily nodded excitedly. "Sorry I didn't know who else to tell it. None of my friends know yet by the way" she said. "we're happy for you" el said smiling.

"Thank you! I'm so happy!!" she said excitedly. I sat on the benches as usual since I couldn't do pe. I just watched my girlfriend.

Suddenly a ball was thrown at El's back. She turned around to see who threw the ball. It must have been an accident. "give us the ball back fatass" a random guy said laughing. El didn't know what to do. I stood up about to go help in case something happens but Emily did before me.

Emily grabbed the ball angrily. "Shut up! Don't call her a fatass, have you seen yourself?" Emily said angrily. She threw it somewhere random far away. The boy stared at her angrily. "Come on go take it by yourself" Emily said.

The teacher looked at them. The boy left before anything else happens since the teacher saw them. I saw el giving Emily a thankful smile. El looked at me. "Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

I know how sensitive she is even though she tries to hide it. Small things hurt her. That comment could affect her now. I don't want her to think she's fat just because a stupid boy said it.

She smiled and nodded. Then they continued playing. It was then break. "God its the first day back at school and I'm already tired,it hadn't pasted not even the half day" Mike groaned in annoyance.

"I know right" we all agreed. "Max" el said. "yeah love?" I asked. "Can we sit next to each other when the school play starts?"el asked. "of course we can" I said smiling. She smiled back sweetly.

Next period we had art. As we were drawing in silence I felt someone kicking my leg slightly. I looked up and saw el smirking, still drawing. I stared at her. She started giggling. I then did the same to her as well for fun. We both started laughing.

"You're so pretty" I quietly told her, our legs touching under the table. She smiled and blushed. Then we continued drawing. We kept smiling at each other at times.

*time skip*

After a two more periods it was the school play. School plays are always boring. We would just sit on the benches in the gym field watching people talking and acting.

El and I sat next to each other. "I'm gonna go use the restroom" el told me after some time. "Are you oka?" I asked. "Yeah I just wanna use the restroom" she said giggling. "Okay" I said giggling.

El's pov

I went to the bathroom in the middle of the school play. As I was walking in the hallways towards the bathroom I heard some steps behind me. It was a random guy following me. At least I thought he was. He was looking at me angrily so I could tell he was following me.

I started walking faster. My heart was beating fast not knowing why that guy was following me. I finally made it to the bathroom.

Before I could quickly lock myself on a stall to get away from him he aggressively grabbed me by my shoulders. I gasped. "what are you doing-" I asked scared. He glared at me. His face inches apart from mine glaring at my eyes angrily.