Chapter 35 : Do You Like Her Robin?

Max's pov

"can you get Robin for me?" I asked el. "sure one second" el said walking outside the room. It was afternoon. Everyone was planning on leaving.

Robin came into the room with el. El waited outside. "what's up little red? Do you want me to stay?" Robin asked sitting down next to me. "No, but I think you've forgotten something" I said smirking.

She had a confused expression on her face. I laughed. "seriously Robin?!" I asked surprised. "what are you talking about I'm so confused max" Robin said confused. "oh come on! A little bird told me you and Nancy were holding hands a few hours ago" I said smirking.

Her face turned red. "w-what?" she asked. "Robin! Why didn't you tell me?! We're buddies, I tell you everything" I said sort of disappointed. "I didn't tell you because its obviously not the time-" "Robin said.

"hey, just because I was in coma, now I a not, it doesn't mean I can't gossip about your love life, come on. Do you expect me to cry all day because of how messed up I am right now?" I said. "uh, no, definitely not" she said.

"I hadn't changed just because I got in coma for like 4 days. Why does everyone think that?" I said. "we don't think that-it's just, we're afraid not to lose you again. So we can't to make sure you're okay at all costs" Robin said.

"I don't want to be a burden to anyone, I'm okay now" I said. "Okay, it's okay not to be okay max. Let us take care of you, we all love you. You might be annoying to me but you make me laugh" Robin said smiling.

I smiled. "thanks Rob" I said. "hey, don't start with Rob again please-" Robin said annoyed. "why not? You call me little red" I said raising an eyebrow. "it's cute at least" Robin said.

"it's annoying" I said. I couldn't help but laugh. She laughed as well. "I should really go max-" Robin said. "hey hey, no, you're not getting away this easily Rob" I said.

"what do you mean?" she asked. "what about you and Nancy? You didn't tell me" I said. "I-I don't know how I feel that's the problem" Robin said.

"did you make the first move?" I asked. She shook her head. "you didn't!?!" I asked loudly as she shushed me. "hey, that doesn't mean anything-" Robin said. "of course it does you idiot!" I said.

"how long have you been having a crush on her?" I asked. "uhh, maybe a few weeks" she said hesitant. "you're obviously lying" I said. "I'm not!" she said. I raised my eyebrow. "Okay fine, maybe a month"she admitted.

I gasped. "and you still didn't tell me?! And don't use coma for excuse, it was only 4 days out of a whole month" I said. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. "Okay.."she said.

"what happened after?" I asked. "after what?holding hands?" she asked. I nodded. "well um-el came and Nancy dropped my hand" Robin said sort of sadly. "oh.. Well maybe she was just scared you know..? It's not quite easy" I said.

"yeah.. I understand and relate" she said. "what if she meant it in a friendly way? Maybe to comfort me? Thinking I was nervous? My leg was shaking at some point but I don't-even remember why, I should have smiled at her when she looked at me after holding my hand-god I'm such an idiot-" she said pretty fast.

" woah woah, slow down"i said. "I'm doing it again aren't I?" she asked worried. I nodded. She has the habit to talk really fast when she's excited or nervous. "I don't think it was friendly. Girls holding hands aren't so common lately" I said.

"I mean-that's true, but she's straight" Robin said. "you don't know that Robin! Obviously she likes you" I said louder this time. "she's with Jonathan!" Robin said. "no she's not! El told me they broke up" I said.

She paused. "they did..?" she asked quietly. I nodded. "here! I see the excitement on your face, you can't take it back" I said smiling.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Okay.. Maybe you're right" she said. "ha! I knew it" I said like I won a bet or something. "whatever" Robin said. "what do you mean by whatever? Ask her out!" I said.

"out of all people max, I thought you would understand the most, you know its not easy!" Robin said. Suddenly Billy came in. My mom was in the bathroom. "oh, hey" he said awkwardly.

"hey, could you please get out for a bit? We're having a serious conversation" I told Billy. Robin frowned. Billy nodded and left the room

"a serious conversation?" she asked. "yeah, it is. Because we're talking about your love lire future. Don't make the same mistake I did. Just go for it. I know how it feels and that was the exact same reason but in my case el showed me no signs before dating but"i said making gestures with my hands as she listened.

"but-yours is different. She literally held your hand, blushed and she dropped it when el walked by" I said. "how is dropping my hand a sign of her liking me back-" she asked confused as I interrupted her. "because Rob,she got nervous" I said dramatically like I knew everything.

"if she meant it as a friend why would she drop it? She gay panicked and dropped it obviously" I said. She rolled her eyes. "stop using gay panic" she said.  "but why, you use it as well, it's a fact! Every gay person experiences it!  I said proudly.

"I guess.." she said quietly. "I'll wait for her to approach to me first" she said. I groaned. "Are you serious right now? Have you heard anything I've just said? I wouldn't lie to you. Plus if she doesn't like you back, it's fine, we'll deal with" I said.

"I've heard you I just don't believe they're quite true. Maybe I'm just imaginating it. We're not in a romantic movie or a fiction. It's not always what you want" she said.

"I've thought the exact same thing with el. I never thought she would like me back because I thought stuff like these happen only in movie etc. Especially gay. It's quite rare and I never thought it would be possible because I thought she was straight.

Being gay isn't simple and easy at all. But there's nothing we can do about it so risk it and whatever happens before it's too late and she falls in love with someone else but or girl whatever her sexuality is" I said.

She stared at me confused and amazed. "hey you may be gay, but I've got more experience, and by that I don't mean that I've had many relationships. I barely had to be honest" Robin said.

"yeah that's true but I'm learning new things about it or myself. Figuring out how I truly feel. (a/n:I don't know if that makes sense but go with it💀).

"what's your sexuality?" Robin asked. "uhh I think I'm a lesbian. I think I liked lucas but I wasn't attracted to him. I just thought that it would be good to have a boyfriend just like everyone, I liked him but in a friendly way. I realised that a little after though" I said. (a/n: I'm not sure if that makes sense either)

"okay.. I'm fully into girls, what about el, if you don't mind me asking? I don't remember if she told me. I forget easily" Robin said laughing a little.

"bi, she did like Mike.." I said feeling jealous. "well fortunately she realised she likes girls as well and loves you which is the best thing ever so don't be jealous, I can see your face" Robin said smirking.

"don't act like your weren't jealous when you had a huge crush on that girl named Tommy Thompson who was making out with Steve" I said raising my eyebrow. She gasped. "how do you know about her?" Robin asked confused.

"you told me?" I said. "oh..right I forgot" she said. "alright little red, I'll go thanks for the advice but we'll see how it goes" Robin said. "Okay Rob, consider and think what I told you okay?" I said. She nodded, waved at me and left.

1427 words. To be continued!!