Chapter 76: Christmas

*time skip, Christmas*

Max's pov

It was the night before Christmas. I was so excited for tomorrow. I couldn't wait to give el her present. My mom, billy and I decorated the house a little more besides the tree.

*the next morning*

I woke up early to get ready ands stuff. The guests would arrive at 11 am. It was now 9 am. The party and I planned on wearing matching Christmas sweaters for fun, to be into the Christmas vibe

I've wanted to do my hair differently. I curled them more. My hair were wavy, I wanted them to be curly for Christmas at least. I've wanted to look pretty.

My mom offered to help me. I've taken a shower and stuff. Then my mom helped curling them with the curling iron. I've matched my red Christmas sweater with black ripped jeans and my vans with black boots.

"You look amazing max!" my mom said looking at me at the mirror once she was done curling them. I stared at myself unsure. "Are you thinking if el would like it?" my mom softly asked. I nodded.

"Oh come on max don't be ridiculous we all know that el would think you look amazing even if you were covered up in a trash bag or something" Billy joked.

We laughed. "I just don't want her to get bored of me" I said. "bored of you? She's obsessed with you" Billy said. My mom laughed. "He's right" she agreed. I didn't say anything else. I just smiled and hoped that they were right.

After I got ready I just waited for them to arrive. I heard the ring bell. I was the one who opened the door since my mom was busy cooking. "Hey! Merry Christmas!!" they said. The wheelers came. Ted, Karen, Mike, Nancy and even Holy.

We hugged each other and stuff. "Merry Christmas!" Mike and Nancy said leaning for a hug. "Merry Christmas!" I replied smiling. "Ooo your hair looks amazing max!" Nancy said smiling.

"thank you!" I said. The adults went to the kitchen to greet my mom and stuff. Nancy, Mike and I went to the living room. Holy was with Karen. Billy was at the couch. He wished merry Christmas to them as well and stuff.

"Where's will and el? They're not here yet?" Mike asked. "Nope" I said. I was excited to see el mostly. We started chatting and stuff until I heard the door again.

I stood up quickly. It was Dustin and his mom. We hugged and everything. "Ooo you changed your hair!" Dustin said. "So did you? You put gel huh" I said giggling.

"yes is it bad?" he asked. "no, not at all" I said. This time the Byers arrived. El ran to hug me first. "Max!!! Merry Christmas!!" she said hugging me tightly and excitedly.

I hugged back smiling widely. "Merry Christmas el!!!" I said smiling. She gasped when we pulled away. "Oh my god!! Your hair!! You look so pretty max!" she said smiling excitedly. I blushed and smiled.

"thank you!! You look amazing too el, the sweaters looks so cute on you" I said smiling. "Thanks.. We're matching!!" she said. "Yes we do!!" I said giggling. She looked so pretty as always.

She matched her sweater with a ripped blue jeans and her white converse. She put in lip gloss as well. She didn't need any but I know she loves it.

I hugged will,Joyce and Jonathan as well after el. We walked into the living room. They hugged and everything. It was such a fun vibe. I felt so happy. Just hanging out with all of my friends at Christmas.

"hey guy, wanna go ice skating tomorrow?" Mike suggested. Everyone cheered. El grabbed me by the arm softly. I turned to see what she wanted

"I know what it is.. but I had never been there" el said embarrassed. "it's okay, I'll be with you" I said smiling