Chapter 85: Questions

Max's pov

It was the next morning. Hopper offered to pick me up from my house since my mom had to leave for work earlier. I agreed but I've wanted to be with el, I think hopper thought of that as well

I brushed my hair, I put on a brown sweatshirt with my casual black sweatpants. I still can't wait jeans but it's fine, sweatpants are comfortable anyways.

Then hopper arrived. I sat at the back seat with el. "good morning" I said getting in the car. "Good morning" both of them said smiling.

El and I smiled at each other. After a minute I noticed her looking out of the window. She's quiet. She's usually quiet during car rides because we prefer to hold hands and listen to music peacefully or we talk.

This time was different. I know why she was like that. I grabbed her hand. She turned and looked at me. We locked eyes for a few seconds. She suddenly quickly wrapped her arms around my waist, hugging me tightly as she buried her head on my chest

I hugged back frowning. "Are you okay love?" I whispered to her. I felt her shook her head still hugging me. "What's wrong?" I softly asked. "I'm scared" she quietly said. Hopper turned and looked at us to see what happened

He knew. He smiled sadly at me. "scared of what?" I asked. "People, what if Justin's friends get revenge of me? Because I got Justin in the juvenile-" el said but I cut her off.

"What?! Revenge? It's not your fault he got into that, he did that to himself, don't say that again el" I said. She nodded. "People are gonna make fun of me" she said quietly. "they won't..they're on your side" I said.

"We don't know that, I still feel ashamed" she said. "it's gonna be okay.." I said as I put my hand on her cheek gently. She smiled at me and then rested her head on my shoulder, our hands interwined for the rest of the ride.

*later*

We arrived at school. "If anything happens, call me alright?" hopper told us. We nodded. The boys looked at us and ran to us

"hello, what's with the looks? You seem worried" I asked. "Um-something happened" Mike said. El and I frowned. "What happened?" el asked.

The boys looked at each other. "Guys? What happened?" el asked louder impatiently. "They know about your relationship" will said. Our eyes widened. "w-what? How?" el asked.

"Justin told some people loudly right before they came to arrest him and now it got spreaded" Mike said. I was in shock. "What the-why?" I said in disbelief. "For revenge I guess? This is so stupid" Dustin said.

"Revenge?!! He's the one who's done this, he deserves to be where he currently is at the moment he's just mad, oh my god I can't believe this" I said.

"Is that why everyone is staring at us" el said looking around. Then the bell rang. We walked into the class. The teacher hadn't arrived yet. Everyone was looking at us

"Hey, are you okay?" students started asking el. El nodded. "What happened?", "Did he rape you?" many questions were asked all at the same time making el confused. "Can you stop?" Mike said. "You guys already know what happened" el simply said.

"Did he actually hurt you or are you faking it" a boy asked. My eyes widened. "what the fuck?! Why would she fake such a thing?" I asked angrily. The boy shrugged. "No don't shrug answer the question, what is wrong with you" I said. He didn't say anything else.

"I knew something was off about you two, you're Dykes" troy said laughing. "So what?" a guy said. "it's totally off topic man, what does that have to do with what Justin did to Jane" the guy said.

"how did Justin found out that you two are gay?" a girl asked. Neither of us said anything. "oh come in Jane we're just trying to talk to you" a girl said.

"I don't want to talk about it" el said. "Hey, we believe you, I mean come on we're girls of course I would believe you, Justin is a dick anyway" a girl said smiling at el.

"Okay well-since Jane doesn't speak what about you nick? You're Justin's best friend, do you know what happened?" troy asked nick.

"I was being mean to max, Jane punched me so Justin got mad and then did that to Jane" nick said. I was in shock. Why didn't he lie though? He literally just told the truth.

Nick looked at my shocked face. "What?! So Jane started it?" troy said. "Why were you being mean go max then?" a girl asked. Nick was about to speak but someone gasped loudly.

"wait! Nick do you like max?" a guy asked. "yes" nick said. I was so confused on why nick was so honest. The party and I looked at each other with the same expressions on our faces. Confusion

"But max is a dyke?" a girl said. "Um hello we're here too?" I said sarcastically. "Max did you reject him?" troy asked laughing. "You know what, ask nick, if I tell you you won't believe me so why would I" I said.

"Okay.. I'll tell everything" nick told me calmly. El and I looked at each other and then nodded. At this point everyone knew about us.

"I've had a crush on max, I didn't know she liked girls, my dumbass thought I could change her or something so I insisted and insisted. A few days ago I was being mean to max, I was being pushy to be exact, I kissed her on the lips once and on the cheek once. I basically took it too far so Jane punched me, Justin got mad about it and went to hurt Jane I guess" nick explained.

No one said anything. "Okay tell us the real story" troy said laughing. Nick stared at him seriously. "Oh come on nick, you really think we're gonna believe that Jane punched you?" troy asked.

"yes" nick said. "Why are you suddenly so honest about it? Like you're suddenly playing nice in front of everyone like you admitted that you're wrong and you'll do it again?" Mike said.

"What Justin did was unbelievable, he's my best friend. I knew he was mean and like strong but I never thought he would do that and I guess I feel like it's my fault, that I started it so yes I admit that I'm wrong" nick said.

"Um.. Okay interesting story" a girl said. "I mean come on Jane, you can't tell me you didn't like when Justin started kissing you-" troy said jokingly. I stood up quickly to go punch him but someone held me back.

It was nick. He quickly shocked me away from troy before I could even punch him. Nick punched troy instead. Those words that came out of Troy's mouth made me so mad. He's the exact same with Justin after all

"What the hell nick?!" troy asked holding his nose in pain. It started bleeding. "Someone give me tissues!" troy ordered. For some reason, no one did. "Nah troy, that wasn't a nice joke. It sounded like you would rape someone" nick said

"What?! No I wouldn't?!" troy said. Troy looked at everyone, no one gave him tissues. He rushed to the bathroom to get paper. "Thanks" el said quietly.

We still hate nick. I don't know if any of that was real because I don't know who the real nick is anymore. I don't trust anyone.

"Bruh where is the teacher?" someone randomly said breaking the silence. "No clue, it's like they gave us time to talk or something" someone said jokingly.

"well I guess she's late" a girl said. "how long have you been together?" a girl asked us. El and I were super uncomfortable by this conversation. "Why?" el asked.

"just curious? I don't mind who you are" the girl said. "More than a year" el said. "Ooo" some people said. "That's disgusting, girls can't date girls" a guy said. "yes they can, now shut up" a girl told him.

Even though everyone was disgusted by us they didn't say anything. They obviously judge behind our backs. In front of us as well they're not ashamed of it.

1412 words. To be continued!
Hi!