Chapter 74: Nancy, Robin, El And Max

Robin's pov

There was a pretty awkward moment between Nancy and I. "Hey Robin" suddenly Nancy said breaking the silence. I looked at her, waiting for her response.

"Um.. About earlier" she started. She seemed nervous. "It's okay nance, I knew you didn't truly have feelings for me-it was foolish of me to hold your hand even though no one could see us but still-" I said but she cut me off.

"Robin" she said. "You're talking fast again, I-I know you're upset and I'm sorry" she said. I didn't say anything. "I have feelings for you Robin" she said. "then.. why did you drop it? You know I wouldn't do anything in front of the others to expose us" I said.

Luckily it was a calm conversation. I didn't want to fight and argue, I simply wanted to know why. I know you would say its not a big deal but it hurt my feelings. Does she not like me after all? Was this all a game?

"I-I was just scared, I didn't want to get caught,I shouldn't have done it.. I'm not ready to come out and I'm scared" she said with tears in her eyes. I felt bad then.

"Look... I'm 100% sure that none of them are homophobic, because of el and max obviously-" I said but she cut me off. "wait-do they know about you?" she asked.

"I-I told Steve at first because he confessed his feelings for me and.. I had to come out, I didn't really have a choice and I trusted him because we were pretty close. He didn't tell anyone. But yeah, they know" I said.

"did you tell them or did they find out?" she asked. "Uhh both? I don't know, I just randomly said it...its a little bit embarrassing" I said. "Why's that? You can tell me Rob" she said smirking. I blushed a little bit.

"Uhh we were watching TV with Steve,the boys and the girls were hanging out near us, playing video games. I accidentally called a woman hot, Dustin turned to me and I could tell he suspected that, so I randomly just told them I like girls. They weren't surprised though but they didn't mind"i said.

"Interesting story" she said. "I guess" I said. "I'm scared for my family mostly, not much about Mike because I think he's dating will but he hadn't told me anything and I don't wanna pressure him to tell me" she said.

"yeah I agree, whenever he's ready" I said. "my dad's definitely homophobic, my mom keeps telling him that it's okay because they know about el and max" she said.

"imagine when he finds out about Mike and I.." she said sadly said. I didn't say anything. I felt bad. "you already know my story" I told her. "yeah I know.." she said sadly.

My parents yelled at me, called me so many slurs that I can't even name them. They've basically hated me my entire life. They kicked me out at first, when I told them.

I immediately went to my grandma's house for help. Of course she let me stay and helped me. She yelled at my parents and after a month they told me to go back. I didn't want to go back but my grandma insisted. For my own good, she said. It's not that she didn't want me.

Who would want to go back to their parents after everything they did and called me? They both slapped me once the day they found out. I cried every single night because of that. It was the worst day of my life.

Nancy kept staring at me sadly. Probably remembering my own story. I was holding back tears. Even though I kept saying that I didn't care anymore, of course I still do. You can't forget such a thing.

After I turned 18 Steve and I got our own apartment. I had been waiting to get out of that house for so many years and living with Steve was the best decision. Even though he annoys me sometimes but that's what keeps us close, we have fun together.

I was looking down. Nancy stood up and walked over to me. We stared at each other for a few seconds. She then pulled me into a hug. I couldn't help but cry a little.

"It's okay.. I'm here" she quietly said Rubbing my back hugging me tightly. After a minute we pulled away. "I'm sorry Robin, do you forgive me?" Nancy asked. I nodded smiling sadly.

"Yes, it's okay.. I understand why you did it, I know how it feels" I said. Suddenly the door opened. It was obviously max and el. "Hey, we're back!" max said. "hello" we both greeted them.

Max gave me a worried look. She could tell I was crying. So did el. "I'm okay" I said. Max slowly nodded. "I'll tell you later" I mouthed. "what's going on?" Nancy asked suspiciously.

"uhh-nothing" max and I said in sync. "Robin.. Did you tell them anything?" Nancy asked. I didn't say anything. "I-I'm sorry Nance, max and el are my besties besides Steve and you and-" I started quickly talking again.

"Robin.. Calm down its okay, I trust el and max" Nancy said laughing at my reaction. I smiled nervously. I was relieved. I thought she would be mad.

Max's pov

"You guys are so cute" I told them smiling. They both blushed. "we brought snacks!!" I said. "well, we basically stole them from Dustin" I said making them laugh.

"is that why you took so long?" Nancy asked. El and I looked at each other. "yup, we also brought something else that I really wanted to try!" el said excitedly.

She bought face masks from the mall the other day. She got so excited and I thought it was adorable. She wanted to do face masks with me on the sleepover so she was looking forward for that.

Of course I agreed. "wait-and you agreed? Max never does such things-" Robin said giggling but I hit her arm. "Hey, I may not be doing many girly stuff but I love doing them with el, stop teasing me, I'm just having fun with my girlfriend" I said.

"alright alright sorry" Robin said. I looked at el,she was blushing. We smiled at each other.

1072 words. To be continued!