Road Trip Part 2

Wanna listen to Dazzler's playlist for the trip? It's on Spotify here:   https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4HPAHI0zJcpwJ7ZfGKyUGL?si=2_bmRNuARbGkEzm45JuvtA

The last hour has been the first time I've actually hung out with all five of the X-Girls at the same exact time. I mean, technically. Laura was sleeping. We had all been talking, a debate on whose favorite musician was the best with Rogue temporarily winning with Nirvana. Call it regionist but I didn't think the southern Belle would be so into grunge. We joked around for a minute before I realized something.

"This is the first time I've really been outside of New York City." I stated out loud.

"You're kiddin'." Rogue said in disbelief.

"Dead parents, remember? I don't go out all that often."

"Cool, I get to see you see what normal people look like for the first time!" Jubilee said.

"She said as they were on there way to like, hang out with a bunch of mutants." Kitty looked back.

"Okay, but we're nowhere near as weird as New Yorkers." Jubilee retorted.

"What about Kurt?" Allie asked.

"Leave him alone, Allie!" Kitty said.

"I like him but we're talking about weird people aren't we!?" Alison defended herself.

"Who's Kurt?" I asked.

"Oh yeah we should've prepped him." Rogue said. "Some of us look a little stranger than others so try not to say anything. Kurt is my kinda sorta adoptive brother."

"You've never mentioned him before."

"It's cuz he's Mystique's biological son but he ain't live with her while I did. He didn't even know she was his mother until after I joined the X-Men. But anywho, he's got blue skin, fangs, pointy ears, and three fingers, so try not to make him feel self conscious about it, sugar."

"Anyone else I should get the heads up on?"

"There's Hank but he can turn it off." Kitty said. "Similar look but more muscular."

"And harrier." Dazzler added. "Still don't forgive him for the time he borrowed my hair brush."

"Piotr has metal skin and a huge crush on Kitty." Jubilee said.

"Oh my god, Jubilee don't start." Kitty said.

"What, is he ugly?" I asked.

"It's not that! I would probably like him back honestly if he wasn't like so... I dunno, he's too nice and pure."

"I thought you don't date criminals." I said.

"You know the world is more than criminals and superheroes, a-hole. I like, just think I'm looking for a rebel with a heart of gold. You know he'll like, bend the rules and he can be kinda a jerk but he means well by the end of the day."

"So what you're saying is you still have a crush on me?" I asked. Once again there was a tension I wasn't oblivious to and it felt like everyone (except sleeping Laura) had their eyes shifted to Kitty awaiting her answer. Even Alison felt like she was side eyeing Kitty while driving.

"As if! We only barely started like being friends so don't push it!" She said. She giggled at the end of the sentence. "You're such an ass!"

"But apparently you're into that."

"Whatever! I don't have a crush on you, okay? Can we please move on to a different topic? Besides it's not like you like me like you do Rogue or anything."