Job Interview

"What the fuck are we doing here?" I asked looking up at The Daily Bugle. It was some stupid newspaper company running here in New York and the one that had been the most vocal about... "Spider-Man". It looked like an ordinary skyscraper with the words "Daily Bugle" put at the top. Would look cooler if it was on a planet.

"Well if you're that dense I'll spell it out for you. I'm getting you a job." Brant said. I looked at her for a few second before turning around and beginning to walk away. "Hey! Where are you going!?"

"Not here. Don't know if you noticed but money is not a problem for me." I said.

"Well for those of us who aren't criminals it is and I told you from the beginning you were going to help me with this."

"I said I would help you get a promotion by having you take pictures of me beating up cops or whatever. I never said I would get a job I didn't want for you."

"Does it really matter what you agree to when you're being blackmailed?"

"I swear to god I will throw you off the top of that building."

"And I swear to god if you kill me there's no one to stop that email from forwarding and you and Gwen getting arrested. And just so you know Gwen really is in trouble if that email drops now because I've been digging around and getting some of my own evidence."

"Some friend you are. Using your friend to get a one up on me."

"Don't try to pull the 'being a good friend to Gwen' card."

"Do you even know what happened between the two of us?"

"I know you're an asshole and Gwen was really upset. That's all I need to know to put two and two together."

"And somehow you still got -6 for the answer. Fine, let's just get this over with."

"Play nice with my boss, even though he has more of a hate boner for 'Spider-Man' than you have for me."

"Bold of you to assume you turn me on in anyway, or that you turn on anyone for that matter."

"Ugh, you know what I meant creep." Brant said as we made our way into the building.
"By the way, take the camera. You're gonna need it."

"For what?"

"Your portfolio. And don't worry, I deleted all the pictures of you and your friends in the red and the blue. Now, come on, JJ's office is at the top."

"Is that the name of your boss?"

"Have you seriously never heard the name J. Jonah Jameson before? Do you literally live under a rock?"

"I live in an apartment in the Bowery."

"Oh my god you literally do live under a rock." She said snarkily. We made our way to the elevator when some douche bag with blonde hair and a flat top haircut grabbed Brant by the arm. He looked kinda familiar. He also looked like he was a jock trying to do bad Joey Ramone cosplay. And by that I mean he dressed just like Joey Ramone. Striped black and white t shirt under a leather jacket with jeans that had holes on the knees and converses.

"Hey, Betty, there you are! You haven't been returning my texts, what's up with that?" He asked.

"Listen, Eddie, about our whole deal or whatever? I'm cutting it off." Brant said as she pried herself out of his grasp and hit the elevator button.

"What!? Why!? You're never going to find anyone who can get you better Spider-Man photos to go with your articles!"

"Ugh, does everyone call him that now!?" I grunted in irritation. Eddie looked over at me.