Innocent

Hi! God, I am so so so sorry for how long I disappeared. I mean truly, college applications and just life in general got to be a bit too much.

I have finished so I am very prepared to stop these hiatuses.

Let's get into it!

First Person POV - Y/n

I probably was hallucinating. There was no way Professor Snape, someone who hated me, let me off the hook with detention and a few points taken away after punching his favorite student.

"Y/n, hello?" asked Harry while snapping in front of my face.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking at him confused. "Sorry, I was just thinking."

"I was saying we should take him to Hagrid's."

"Right, yeah, let's go."

We walked towards the hut and halfway there, Hermione began complaining that her arms were tired and I agreed to take her place.

"How are you the same person who pulled us all to the Greenhouse at record speed?" I mumbled as I put Ron's arm around my shoulder.

"It was an adrenaline rush," replied Hermione.

"Mione, people get adrenaline rushes when they're about to die or if someone they love or care about is in danger, not when they're late for class and haven't eaten a single thing that day."

"Well, being late to class is equivalent to death."

I just stared at her in shock and so did Harry because he stopped walking and did the same.

"You are a very interesting specimen," I said to Hermione and she just shrugged.

"So if we're late, does that mean we're dead to her?" asked Harry.

"Let's hope not."

We continued to walk and finally arrived at the hut. Hermione knocked on the door and Hagrid opened it and looked at us confused.

"Hello there Hagrid," I stated.

"Well, what do we have here?"

"Well, Ron was trying to curse someone and his broken wand didn't really help," explained Harry as I dragged Ron inside the hut and put him on the couch.

"Wo, this calls for a specialist's equipment. Nothin' to do but wait'll it stops, I'm afraid," Hagrid said as he placed a bucket by Ron's feet.

Ron leaned over and threw up a bunch of slugs and one of them was about to land beside me but Harry pulled me back and towards him.

"Ah! Oh...Okay. Yeah, get it all out, Ron." said Hagrid patting him on the back.

I was staring at Harry who was very close to me all of a sudden and I could feel my cheeks getting redder and redder.

"Um, what are you two doing?" asked Hermione. "Why are you hugging?"

"We're not," I said, pushing him away, "He just saved me from the vomit slug."

"Yes, but that was quite a while ago-"

"Hermione, I mean this nicely," I said, looking away from Harry, "Shut up."

She just nodded but she was smiling weirdly at me and I gave her a look and turned away. I looked at Ron who threw up another bunch of slugs.

"Better out than in," said Hagrid, "Who's Ron tryin' to curse, anyway?"

"Malfoy," Hermione explained, "He called me a...Mudblood and everyone lost their minds...Mostly Y/n."

"I defended my best friend," I said simply, "And I would do it again in a heartbeat."