The Grim

Second update!

Anywho, let's get into it.

First Person POV - Y/n

"We'd better go, look, Divination is at the top of North Tower. It'll take us ten minutes to get there," Hermione replied looking into a book.

"Well, guess we're gonna have to run."

We immediately got up and began to speed walk our way out of the Great Hall. As we passed the Slytherin table, Malfoy did an impression of a fainting fit.

"Prick," I said before I spelled a cloud of rain and lightning to hover over him.

My abilities were getting stronger and I was honestly pretty thankful for it.

"There's...got...to...be...a...short...cut," Ron panted, as we climbed the seventh long staircase and emerged on an unfamiliar landing, where there was nothing but a large painting of a bare stretch of grass hanging on the stone wall.

"I think it's this way," said Hermione, as she peered down the empty passage to the right.

"Can't be," said Ron. "That's south. Look, you can see a bit of the lake outside the window..."

I was watching the painting of the grass, and a fat pony had just strolled onto the grass and was grazing. A moment later, a knight in a suit of armor came in and he simply fell off.

"Aha!" he yelled, staring at me. "What villains are these, that trespass upon my private lands! Come to scorn at my fall, perchance? Draw, you knaves, you dogs!"

"Listen," I replied walking up the picture, "we're looking for the North Tower. You don't know the way, do you?"

"A quest! Come follow me, dear friends, and we shall find our goal, or else shall perish bravely in the charge!"

He immedietly charged forward on the pony and began to gallop through the paintings. We ran through the corridors, following him. Every now and then, we would lose him and then spot him running through a picture ahead.

"Be of stout heart, the worst is yet to come!" yelled the knight after we had found him again.

We finally reached the tower and Ron was wheezing. Weirdly, I was fine which I didn't understand since we had run miles probably.

"How are you ok?" asked Harry and I shrugged.

"Farewell!" cried the knight, "Farewell, my comrades-in-arms! If ever you have need of noble heart and steely sinew, call upon Sir Cadogan!"

"Yeah, we'll call you," muttered Ron as the knight disappeared, "if we ever need someone mental."

Harry and I laughed as we climbed the steps and emerged onto a tiny landing, where most of the class was already assembled. There were no doors off this landing, but Ron elbowed me and pointed at the ceiling, where there was a circular trapdoor with a brass plaque on it.

"Sybill Trelawney, Divination teacher," Harry read out loud. "How're we supposed to get up there?"

As though in answer to his question, the trapdoor suddenly opened, and a silvery ladder descended right at our feet. Everyone got quiet.

"Ladies first," said Ron, grinning.

"Wimp."

"Hey, you're the most powerful out of all of us, so go ahead."

Not knowing what else to do, I climbed up the stairs slowly and emerged into the strangest-looking classroom I had ever seen. In fact, it didn't look like a classroom at all, more like a cross between someone's attic and an old-fashioned tea shop.