Impulsive

Anyways, let's get into it.

First Person POV - Y/n

"You said you'd already worked out that egg clue!" said Hermione. "Now your saying you figured it out only three nights ago?"

"I basically had," I replied, "Look, that's beside the point. How do you breathe underwater?"

We were sitting at the very back of the Charms class with a table to ourselves. We were supposed to be practicing the opposite of the Summoning Charm but I already knew it and was more focused on the second task.

I was also trying to figure out Snape and Moody. Last night, Harry said he had seen Crouch in Snape's office on the map which didn't really make sense since he hasn't been seen for weeks.

He went to explore it and ended up getting caught, and then idiotically gave the map to Moody.

He explained the whole situation but there were too many holes. The biggest one was the timing.

"You know what I don't get?" I said and they looked at me. "How come you didn't see Moody on the map?"

"What do you mean?" responded Harry.

"I mean, I have the map memorized right, so when I think about it, the staircase that you told us you were at is at least a 20-minute walk from the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and its corresponding chambers, and that's just for a healthy, fast student. With someone, with a bad leg like Moody, it could be at least 35 minutes. If you look at the timing, by the time that you saw Mr. Crouch on the map, Moody should've already been on his way to that specific staircase, but you didn't see him. How?"

"I-I actually don't know," replied Harry. "I didn't think of that?"

Hermione and Ron looked like they were contemplating something before Hermione asked, "Harry, who did you see on the map in that area?"

"Well, when I saw the name Bartemius Crouch in Snape's office, he was the only person there. I didn't see Filch or Snape but it took them a few minutes to arrive and I didn't see Moody at all."

"That's my point," I whispered. "There's no possible way that Moody could've gotten there in the time, he did, which means that he must've been somewhere else that hid him on the map, which is literally not possible."

"So, what are you saying, Y/n? You think Moody's evil or something?" asked Ron surprised.

"I don't know, I'm just saying the whole thing's suspicious. We could've watched the map tonight but Harry had to be an idiot."

"He helped me get out of trouble, and he asked for the map."

"That just makes him more suspicious!" said Hermione, "Did he ask you anything about whether or not you saw anything?"

"N-Well, sort of?"

"Sort of?" I asked.

"Well, Moody did ask whether or not I saw who was breaking into Snape's office."

"This is why you aren't in Ravenclaw," I said as I took out parchment to write a letter to Sirius.

I sent it out that night, explaining all about Mr. Crouch breaking into Snape's office and my suspicions about Moody.

After that, I returned to my task of figuring out how to breathe underwater.

"Why couldn't they have made my Animagus a shark or something?" I asked angrily flipping through pages.

"Panthers can swim, Y/n," said Hermione.

"Not for an hour and not completely submerged," I said looking for some plant or something, "Thousands of spells and magical creatures yet no plant that makes me breathe underwater."