A Fun Time

AHH! IT's the first Quidditch game. I have something hilarious and exciting planned for this, sooo, enjoy.

First Person POV - Y/n

For once I woke up on my own in the morning and that was purely from the excitement of the match today. It was right after breakfast and I could hardly wait.

Harry and I met up after getting ready with our brooms and quickly ate breakfast before we headed to the Quidditch Pitch.

"Ah there you two are. I was wondering where you were. I need to give you two your robes," said Oliver.

We followed Oliver inside and there were a bunch of jerseys in front of us. He told us to choose the number robe that we wanted.

Harry grabbed the number 7 as I just stood there confused at which numbers I wanted. There were 11, 19, 21, and 23.

As I was debating which number to take, Oliver came over.

"Y/n, you have to pick a jersey."

"I know, it's just I don't know what number to pick."

"How about 19, it was your mom's number," said Oliver, "I found an old playbook with players and their numbers. Your dad was 32 which isn't here."

"19 it is, then," I said smiling, "Thank you."

"Of course, Y/n," he replied as he grabbed the Quidditch Robe with the number 19 and handed it to me.

I put it on and then walked over to the rest of the team.

"Nice jersey, Y/n," said Angelina and I smiled.

"Alright, listen here," said Oliver standing in top of a bench, "This is the first game of this season, and hear me when I say that this is the best team we've had in years. We have an excellent new seeker and chaser, who are bound to help us win the Quidditch Cup. I want you all to keep your head in the game, and stick to the plays that we've set. If something goes wrong, improvise. Y/N, Angelina, and Katie, you are our chasers and the backbone of the team. You set up whether or not we have enough points to win. I want you in sync at all times, and I want you to be aggressive. No holding back. Fred and George, you two are the human bludgers of our team. I want you to hit those Bludgers towards their chasers as fast and hard as possible and knock them off their brooms. And defend our chasers as well. Harry, I need you and want you to tune out everything happening with the chasers, the quaffle, bludgers, etc. I want you focused on the Snitch and the Snitch only. We got this Gryffindors. Let's go."

"He's pretty good at the speech thing," I said as I grabbed my broom and stood at the gate besides Angelina.

"Yeah, he's a good captain," said Angelina, "You nervous?"

"A little bit, I mean, I've never played Quidditch in a match before, and I'm just nervous that I'll do something stupid."

"That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game. It's nerve-wracking but once you're outside on your brooms feeling the air rush against your face, it's peaceful."

"How did your first game go?"

"Oh, well, I mean I fell off my broom and a 6th year on the team had to catch me on her broom," said Angelina and I felt my heartbeat pick up, "Accidents happen, and I want you to remember that you are one of the only first-years we've had on this team in a century, and on top of that you didn't even know Quidditch existed until this year. So if you fall or you're knocked off or you make a silly mistake, don't stress about it."

"Ok, thanks, Angelina."

"Of course, now, we're about to go, so get your head in the game and just breathe."