Soldier of the Night

Let's get into it!

First Person POV - Y/n

"What?!" I asked.

"Here! Just now! Slashed the curtains! Woke me up!"

"You sure you weren't dreaming, Ron?" asked Dean.

"Look at the curtains! I tell you, he was here!"

I turned towards the curtains and saw that there were large slashes across them. Within seconds, I immediately ran out of the room and towards the Common Room.

Everyone else followed me and sprinted down the staircase. Doors opened behind them, and sleepy voices called after them.

"Who shouted?"

"What're you doing?"

"EVERYONE SHUT UP!" I screamed and it got quiet.

The common room was now filled with students in their nightwear and I saw Ron and I beckoned him over to me.

"Are you sure?" I whispered, "he wouldn't come for you. He knows you."

"He looked like he was looking for something," said Ron quietly, "Like I had something he wanted to kill."

"What the hell could you have?" I asked and he shrugged.

At that moment, the door opened again and Professor McGonagall walked inside.

"Now, really, enough's enough!" yelled the Professor.

She slammed the portrait behind her as she entered the common room and stared furiously around.

"I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I expected better of you!"

"I certainly didn't authorize this, Professor!" said Percy. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare-"

"It wasn't a nightmare," Ron snapped, "Professor, Sirius Black was standing near me with a knife. He was looking for something."

Professor McGonagall stared at him, before she responded, "Don't be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have gotten through the portrait hole?"

"Let's ask," I said before I went upstairs, grabbed a newspaper with his face on it, and came back down.

I walked over to the painting and asked, "Hey, did you just let a man that looked like this into the tower?"

I held up the newspaper, and he smiled and said, "Certainly, madam."

There was a stunned silence, both inside and outside the common room as everyone stared at each other in shock.

"Why?!" yelled Professor McGonagall angrily.

"He had 'em all! The passwords!" said Sir Cadogan proudly. "Had the whole week's, my lady! Read 'em off a little piece of paper!"

"Oh, you've got to be shitting me," I said annoyed, "Which one of you dumbasses wrote down all the passwords?!"

There was utter silence, broken by the smallest of terrified squeaks. Neville, trembling from head to fluffy slippered toes, raised his hand slowly into the air.

"NEVILLE!"

--

No one in Gryffindor Tower slept that night. We knew that the castle was being searched again and everyone stayed awake. 

Professor McGonagall came back around dawn and told us that he had escaped again. She also told us that Cadogan was gone and the Fat Lady was back, but she had extra protection.