Swooning For Me

Let's get into it

First Person POV - Y/n

To say Angelina was mad was a understatement. She was furious and she told me to say and do whatever was necessary to make it to tryouts.

I decided on just asking her.

I went to her office on the third floor and she beckoned me inside. It was all pink.

Remus and Moody had interesting rooms with different types of gadgets or spell enchantment books. This looked like some little girls fantasy threw up.

"Good evening, Ms. Emrys."

"Good evening," I said back. "Professor, is it possible for my Friday detention to be postponed to another day? I'm on the Quidditch team."

"Oh no," said Umbridge, smiling, "Oh no, no, no. This is your punishment for launching an unprecedented attack on a Professor, and punishments certainly cannot be adjusted. I think it rather a good thing that you are missing something you really want to do. It ought to reinforce the lesson I am trying to teach you."

Don't kill her. Don't kill her. Don't kill her.

I just glared and then threw my bag down and sat at the desk in her office.

"Alright, what am I supposed to do then?"

"You are going to be doing some lines for me, Ms. Emrys. No, not with your quill," she added, as I bent down to open my bag. "You're going to be using a rather special one of mine. Here you are."

She handed me a long, thin black quill with an unusually sharp point.

"I want you to write 'I will not use dark spells'," said Umbridge.

"It was a sleeping spell," I said annoyed, "There was nothing dark about it."

"In my detention, you will listen to me," snapped Umbridge.

"How many times?" I asked.

"Oh, as long as it takes for the message to sink in," said Umbridge sweetly. "Off you go."

She moved over to her desk, sat down, and bent over a stack of parchment that looked like essays for marking. I raised the sharp black quill and then realized what was missing.

"You haven't given me any ink."

"Oh, you won't need ink," said Professor Umbridge.

"What quill doesn't need ink?" I mumbled as I started to write on the paper.

As I finished writing the phrase once, a burning sensation slithered up my left arm. I first assumed it was the dark mark but when raised my robes slightly and saw the words 'I will not use dark spells' cut into my skin on the other side of my arm.

"What the hell is this?" I snapped at her, "You are a professor and this is detention! Not Azkaban."

"Students must be taught discipline," said Professor Umbridge. "Now continue."

The cut healed but it was red. I wrote the line again and it happened again. It happened over and over for hours. It got dark and although it healed, my hand was red with my own blood and the words were faintly etched into my hand.