Dark Graveyard

Let's get into it!

First Person POV - Y/n

The towering hedges cast giant shadows across the path, and they seemed to be so tall that as soon as I was on the maze, I couldn't hear the crowd anymore.

"Get to the center," I said to myself. "How?"

I stopped walking. If I just walked around aimlessly, I would end up lost. There had to be a strategy to this.

The cup was in the center and the first person to touch it wins which means it would need some sort of magical enchantment around it.

And that would leave a trace.

I pointed my wand out in front of me and said, "Appare Vestigium."

A little blue mist danced in front of me before it shot into the ground and turned into footsteps. It was a tracking spell that revealed recent magic activity which would be the cup.

"Ha ha," I said as I heard a faint whistle.

Cedric and Krum were just entering which meant I was somewhat ahead.

I continued to follow the footsteps for about five minutes when I heard the last whistle. All the champions were now in the maze.

The footsteps stopped suddenly at a fork but then resumed to the right. Just to be safe, I held out my wand and used the compass spell.

It was pointing northwest which is the way I needed to go for the center so I breathed a sigh of relief. I continued down the paths unnerved by the fact that I hadn't faced anything yet.

Although my mind seemed to have jinxed it when I was about to turn a corner and I heard an ominous hiss.

"Hagrid, tell me you didn't," I whispered and I looked around the corner to see a blind basilisk. "Hagrid, damn you!"

The snake wasn't as big as the one from the chamber but it was about as tall as the hedges which were already 20 feet. I was between 5 and 6 which made the snake still huge compared to me.

I thought I could escape but the footsteps were leading right towards it and it seemed to have seen the glow since it aggressively shot towards it.

The hedge I had been hiding against shook and the snake slithered around the corner to where I was.

"Shit," I said before I started sprinting.

It was slithering after me, and fast and I turned a sharp corner causing it to hit another hedge.

"What is it afraid of? What is it afraid of?" I asked trying to think. "Panther."

Snakes were afraid of any large animal and their roar. The basilisk would have to be the same.

I heard the snake around the corner and I turned into a panther. As soon as it came around the corner, I roared as loud as I could.

The snake looked horrified, and it stopped moving. I roared one more time loudly and it moved back.

Using it, I quickly transformed back and yelled, "Bombarda Maxima."

The snake exploded into ash and I leaned on my knees in genuine relief. I only took a few seconds before I repeated the spell from before.

This time, sensing my urgency, the footsteps sped up and I was now running through the maze.

I came across a boggart as well which showed up in the form of the multiple bodies, but I quickly yelled, "Riddikulus!"