Summer Begins

Last part of Year 3!

First Person POV - Y/n

Nobody at Hogwarts knew the truth of what had happened the night.

The fact that Sirius, Buckbeak, and Pettigrew had vanished was only known by a select few people.

As the end of term approached, I heard many different theories about what had really happened, but none of them came even close to the truth.

Malfoy was furious about Buckbeak. He was convinced that Hagrid had found a way of smuggling the Hippogriff to safety, and seemed outraged that he and his father had been outwitted by a gamekeeper.

Blaise however wouldn't stop asking me how I had managed it. I tried to convince him that I had nothing to do with it but he saw right through me.

Finally, I gave up, and when we were outside in the courtyard alone, I explained everything to him.

"Yeah, so basically I'm a time traveller-"

"Go out with me," said Blaise suddenly.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"I'm already 14," said Blaise, "And you're 14 in a few months. Basically there."

"You've been 14 for months, Blaise, so why now?" I asked suspiciously.

"With everything you just told me, it's clear you are always fighting death," said Blaise, "And well, I don't want any lost time."

"Fair enough."

"Y/n, I really like you if it hasn't been obviously clear. I think we should-"

"I like you too," I said and he looked at me shocked. "Like really really like you."

"So, I guess that's a yes to going out with me?" said Blaise and I laughed.

"I would think so," I replied.

I didn't tell anyone about the conversation since Blaise and I decided to keep it to ourselves for a while, but Hermione apparently saw the whole thing unfold and begged me for details the moment we were both alone.

I gave her as much as I could and she squealed every three seconds.

I didn't hold it against her considering I was squealing internally every second. Even the weather was more cheerful than normal, and everything was good except for the matter of Defense Against the Dark Arts.

We weren't the only ones who were sorry to see Remus go.

"Wonder what they'll give us next year?" said Seamus gloomily.

"Maybe a vampire," suggested Dean hopefully.

"Yes, hopefully they will pull Dracula out of hiding to teach our class," said Ron.

"I wouldn't put it past Dumbledore," I said and Ron nodded.

Although I was ok with Remus not teaching here since I would still see him, I was still thinking about Pettigrew. Trelawney had been right and even Sirius warned me that he was still out there.

That brought me to more questions since Dayton might still be alive as well. Ending the year was as much of a burden as it was a relief.

The exam results came out on the last day of term. I had somehow managed to pass in every subject, and because of my extra class, I was the top of the class.

"Who would've thought that the cursed crystal ball class would make me top of our class," I said and Ron laughed.

"I should've dealt with it," said Hermione and I laughed, "But congrats, Y/n. No one deserves it more than you, especially after that entire week you went without sleeping."