Bad Feelings

Let's get into it.

First Person POV - Y/n

"These're nifflers," said Hagrid. "Yeh find 'em down mines mostly. They like sparkly stuff. There yeh go, look."

We were at Care for Magical Creatures and there were these furry black creatures with long snouts in front of us. 

One of the nifflers suddenly leaped up and attempted to bite Pansy's watch off her wrist. She shrieked and jumped backward.

"How can I adopt one?" I asked laughing at her face.

"Useful little treasure detectors," said Hagrid happily. "Thought we'd have some fun with 'em today. See over there?"

He pointed at the large patch of dirt.

"I've buried some gold coins. I've got a prize fer whoever picks the niffler that digs up most. Jus' take off all yer valuables, an' choose a niffler, an' get ready ter set 'em loose."

"I want that one!" I yelled and I ran towards the middle that has attacked Pansy.

I kneeled down and it sniffed my hand once before it jumped onto me.

"You and I are gonna have some fun," I said smiling.

It was easily the most fun I had ever had in Care of Magical Creatures. My niffler and I tried for coins but then gave up and I turned its attention to Pansy. When she wasn't looking, I stuck a bunch of coins to her back.

Even her own niffler turned and I was watching mine and hers chase her around.

"Y/n, yer better stop it before someone sees," said Hagrid ten minutes after it has started.

"Alright, alright," I said while enchanting the coins to disappear and put them back in the dirt.

"Can you buy these as pets, Hagrid?" Ron asked excitedly as his niffler dived back into the soil, splattering his robes.

"Yer mum wouldn' be happy, Ron," said Hagrid, grinning.

"They wreck houses, nifflers. I reckon they've nearly got the lot, now," he added, walking around the patch of the earth while the nifflers continued to dive. "I on'y buried a hundred coins."

"Well, let's check how yeh've done!" said Hagrid. "Count yer coins! An' there's no point tryin' ter steal any, Goyle. It's leprechaun gold. Vanishes after a few hours."

It turned out that Ron's niffler had been most successful, so Hagrid gave him an enormous slab of Honeydukes chocolate for a prize.

The bell rang across the grounds for lunch, and the rest of the class set off back to the castle, but we stayed behind to help Hagrid put the nifflers back in their boxes.

I was halfway through sneaking one out but Hagrid caught me.

"Now now, no taking em," said Hagrid as he took the niffler away from me.

Ron had to drag me away from the area so I didn't steal a niffler.

"I'll find a way to get one," I said as climbed the steps into the entrance hall and went into the Great Hall for lunch.

The post had come and I saw Hermione flipping through her mail.

She had started getting hate letters from people as the week progressed, who was angry that she was dating, or whatever it was, with Krum.

One of the letters even had a mini-article about their "love" story.

"I want to know how she's listening into private conversations when she's supposed to be banned from the grounds!" said Hermione angrily, after she explained a part of the article that describes how Krum had asked Hermione to visit him in the summer.