Lunacy

Let's get into it!

First Person POV - Y/n

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I snapped as there were yells.

"He has decided," yelled Moody, "Everyone quiet!"

"This is lunacy!" I yelled.

Moody just waved us all of and Harry took a deep breath and had an angry but motivated look on his face as he held his wand up.

My own heart rate seemed to be picking up every second, and I was sure that I had a heart attack when Moody said, "Avada Kedavra!"

"NO!"

There was a bright green flash and I had closed my eyes but there were gasps all around. I opened them, expecting the worst, but what I did see was shocking.

The spell hadn't even hit him.

It was frozen in mid air by me. My hand was out, a golden stream connecting to the curse, and keeping it in the middle of Moody and Harry.

"Y/n, how are you doing that?" stuttered out Blaise.

"I-I don't know," I answered honestly.

I stared at the green sphere that seemed to be glowing and an anger came over me. That little sphere had taken so many people from me, and as I got angrier and my tattoo lit up, the gold stream expanded.

It became a coating around the spell and it slowly moved towards my hand. As it reached my hand, I pulled it in, focusing on the spell disappearing into my hand and it did.

My hands glowed green for a second and I knew that I had absorbed the spell. I didn't really want to keep it so I aggressively threw it at one of the spiders that were still living.

A green sphere shot out of my hand so fast and hit the spider in less than a second. It flipped onto it's back dead.

"And that was it," said Moody and I looked at him confused.

"What?" asked Hermione.

"Harry never had any chance against it but I knew Y/n did," said Moody, "If I had put her in Harry's position, she wouldn't have been able to stop it, but seeing Harry in danger, allowed what I'm assuming is a hidden ability to come out."

"You're mad," said Ron sitting down in relief.

"I had expected you to run in front and absorb it," explained Moody to me, "Your ability to freeze spells in mid air was unexpected."

"So you put a god damn student at risk?!" I yelled angrily, "What if I hadn't? What if you just killed him?!"

I was so angry that I had to breathe so slow to make sure I didn't light up and bring this classroom to ruin again.

"In the real world, you will never know what could or can't happen," said Moody, "Always prepare for the worst."

Class was over a few minutes after that and Hermione forced us all out quickly. She was staring at me the entire time but I was locked in my own world with my experiences with the worst of the two curses playing over and over in my head.

I kept seeing my family killed and then felt the pain of being torture. Killed. Tortured. Killed. Tortured.

I was suffocating in my own mind.

"I'll see you all later," I said to them and I left quickly before they could ask why.

I turned multiple corners since I saw them try and come after me but I lost them after the fourth corner.