Unforgivable Curses

Let's get into it.

First Person POV - Y/n

As we walked down to the common room after getting ready, I saw that the storm had been replaced with giant clouds and a weaker breeze.

"Still gloomy," I said to Hermione.

"Well, let's hope we don't have too many classes outside," said Hermione.

She had been wrong since we were outside all morning according to the schedules we got at breakfast.

"Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures...damn it, we're still with the Slytherins," said Ron and I smiled since it meant Blaise would be there.

"As long as Hagrid doesn't bring in an animal that's half hippo, and half giraffe, I think we'll be fine," I said looking at my schedule.

"You mean a Gippo?" said Ron and I gave him a look.

"A what?"

"A Gippo, half giraffe and half hippo."

"Tell me you're joking," I said in shock and he shook his head, "That's an actual thing?!"

"Yeah."

I didn't even say anything to that. There was an actual half giraffe and half hippo somewhere in this world.

"Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned as Ron laughed at my reaction.

"You should have given it up like me, shouldn't you?" said Hermione, "Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy."

"You're eating again, I notice," said Ron, watching Hermione adding jam to her toast.

"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights," said Hermione. "Plus, I don't want my best friend starving."

She looked over at me and I smiled with relief and thanks since I was allowed to indulge in the best food I had ever eaten.

I filled my plate with eggs as there was a sudden noise and hundreds of owls came soaring through the windows into the hall.

Aquila flew above us and she handed me an envelope from Marlene. I opened it and found a familiar permission slip.

"Oh, my- I totally forgot to ask them about this," I said looking at the Hogsmeade Permission Form.

"Well, lucky for you, your godmother remembered to send it to you," said Ron eating some toast.

Hey Y/n,

I saw your Hogsmeade Permission Form laying on the table, and I realized that we all had completely forgotten about it.

Since I am your godmother, that would mean that I am one of your legal guardians, so I signed it and had Aquila bring it to you.

Have fun in Hogsmeade.

Drink lots of Butterbeer, stock up your sweets and chocolate, and remember to keep your Pranking Stash completely stocked up.

With love,

Marlene.

"God I love her," I said while putting the letter away.

"Me too," said Fred and I looked at him weirdly, "What?"

"Stop flirting with my aunt!"I snapped.

I argued with him all the way until Herbology when he and Fred went to their own class and we walked inside.