Ginger Fur

Let's get into it.

First Person POV - Y/n

"Hermione Jean Granger! We have no proof that it's from Sirius Black," Ron yelled frustrated from us losing two great brooms. 

"Yes, but we don't have proof that it's not from Sirius Black. It's not private information that Y/n's parents and Harry's father, who were his best friends, were Quidditch stars back then."

"What does that have to do with anything?!"

"None of you read anything," snapped Hermione, "Do you have any idea how much Harry and Y/n are talked about in the news?"

"We're just famous," I said smiling and she glared, "Sorry."

"Y/n's mother was recruited by the English National Quidditch Team because of her skills as a Chaser," said Hermione and I nodded. "She wasn't able to play until she graduated but once she had graduated..."

"She had a son," I said realizing that's probably why she never played on the team.

"What you don't know is that there are rumors that the managers of that team are going to offer you the same position when you graduate or earlier because you are apparently some Quidditch prodigy."

"Back up," I said shocked, "What?!"

"It's why he would send you an international broom and he might've been there when he saw Harry's broom get destroyed," explained Hermione and I began to see the reason in her argument because I knew he was there, "Motive and ability."

"I mean, look as much as I would love to play on that broom...she has a point," I said and she smiled at me. 

"Who cares?!" yelled Ron, "A broom is a broom. And that broom you lot got is a work of bloody art."

Ron stayed angry for the rest of the break and once again was at odds with Hermione. They didn't interact and didn't speak with each other, and it made the entirety of the break awkward for me and Harry. 

I was thankful when everyone returned after New Year and the tower was crowded and noisy again. 

It also meant Quidditch was back on, and not even a day before term started, Oliver cornered us. 

"Had a good Christmas?" he asked, and then, without waiting for an answer, he sat down, lowered his voice, and said, "I've been, doing some thinking over Christmas, Harry. After the last match, you know. If the Dementors come to the next one...I mean...we can't afford you to-well-"

Wood broke off what he was saying, looking awkward.

"I'm working on it," said Harry quickly. "Professor Lupin said he'd train Y/n and me to ward off the Dementors. We should be starting this week. He said he'd have time after Christmas."

"Ah, Well, in that case, I really didn't want to lose you as Seeker, Harry. And have you ordered a new broom yet?"

"No," said Harry.

"What?! You'd better get a move on, you know, you can't ride that Shooting Star against Ravenclaw!"

"Wood, Y/n and I both got a Firebolt for Christmas," interrupted Harry looking down.

"A Firebolt? No! Seriously? A, a real Firebolt?"

"Yup, but don't get excited, Oliver, they haven't got them anymore," said Ron annoyed, "They were confiscated because Hermione told McGonagall about them and she took them away to strip them down and check if they've been jinxed."

"Jinxed? How could it be jinxed?"

"My uncle, Sirius Black, might've sent them," I replied and he groaned,