The First Task

Third update!!

Let's get into it.

First Person POV - Y/n

"Tell me right now, are you part Seer?" whispered Ron.

"At this point, I'm not sure if I am or if I am not," I replied.

Four fully grown, enormous, vicious-looking dragons were in front of us and I stared at all of them in shock.

At least thirty wizards, seven or eight to each dragon, were attempting to control them, pulling on the chains connected to heavy leather straps around their necks and legs.

"8 wizards can't even control them and we have to fight them on our own," I said, "Fantastic."

"Keep back there, Hagrid!" yelled a wizard near the fence, straining on the chain he was holding. "They can shoot fire at a range of twenty feet, you know! I've seen this Horntail do forty!"

"Is'n' it beautiful?" said Hagrid softly.

"It's no good!" yelled another wizard. "Stunning Spells, on the count of three!"

Ron and I saw each of the dragon keepers pull out their wands.

"Stupefy!" they shouted in unison, and the Stunning Spells shot into the darkness like rockets, bursting in showers of stars on the dragons' scaly hides.

The dragon nearest to them teetered dangerously, then, very slowly, it fell.

"Wan' a closer look?" Hagrid asked Madame Maxime excitedly.

The pair of them moved right up to the fence, and we followed.

"All right, Hagrid?" Charlie panted, coming over to talk. "They should be okay now, we put them out with a Sleeping Draft on the way here, thought it might be better for them to wake up in the dark and the quiet, but, like you saw, they weren't happy, not happy at all-"

"What breeds you got here, Charlie?" said Hagrid, gazing at the closest dragon, the black one.

"This is a Hungarian Horntail," said Charlie. "There's a Common Welsh Green over there, the smaller one, a Swedish Short-Snout, that blue-gray, and a Chinese Fireball, that's the red."

Charlie looked around, while Madame Maxime was strolling away around the edge of the enclosure, gazing at the dragons.

"I didn't know you were bringing her, Hagrid," Charlie said, frowning. "The champions aren't supposed to know what's coming-she's bound to tell her student, isn't she?"

"Jus' thought she'd like ter see 'em," shrugged Hagrid, still gazing at the dragons.

"Screw this," I said and I walked over to them. "Charlie."

"What the hell?" said Charlie as I peeked out under the cloak, "Y/n, I may be young but for the love of-"

"How the hell am I supposed to beat them?" I asked and Charlie looked around once.

"Don't fight their fire with your fire and don't use any spells to block their eye sight or ability to fly unless you are absolutely sure it's going to work," said Charlie, "They get angrier if it doesn't, especially that horntail. It's the most dangerous one here."

"Thank you," I said and Charlie nodded.

"Y/n, be careful. If these things go on a rampage, it's hard to stop."

"Alright. No pissing off the dragons...Hagrid, we have to go."

"Good luck," said Hagrid.

We ran back towards the castle but before we reached I stopped.