Always Be There

Let's get into it.

First Person POV - Harry

"Where did you learn that spell, Y/n?"

"It's one of the Merlin bloodline spells," answered Y/n, "Usually it's enough to say it in your head which is what I do when manipulating fire but I haven't had as much practice with it."

"And yet you split the weather like it was nothing," said Ron and I shrugged.

"Lucky, the ground was so soft," said Fred, "Both of you could've died if it wasn't."

"I thought he was dead for sure," said Angelina.

"But he didn't even break his glasses," replied Y/n.

I could hear the voices whispering, but they made no sense whatsoever. I didn't have a clue where I was, or how I'd got there, or what I'd been doing before I got there.

All I knew was that every inch of me was aching as though it had been beaten by a bat.

"That was the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life."

Scariest...the scariest thing...hooded black figures...cold...screaming.

My eyes snapped open and I saw that I was lying in the hospital wing. The Gryffindor Quidditch team, spattered with mud from head to foot, was gathered around my bed.

"Hey," whispered Y/n as she sat down next to the cot I was on, "How are you?"

The match's memories were slowly coming back to me.

The lightning...the Grim...the Snitch...and the Dementors.

"What happened?" I asked, sitting up so suddenly they all gasped.

"Relax," snapped Y/n.

"You fell off," replied Fred. "Must've been, what, fifty, hundred feet?"

"We thought you'd died," said Angelina, who was shaking. "And, you would've. If it wasn't for Y/n. She split the weather and then broke your fall and her arm."

I looked over at her and she smiled.

"Not that much practice huh?" I said and she laughed.

"Well for my fellow chosen one, I had to figure it out," said Y/n.

"Wait you broke your arm?" I asked worried.

"It's ok now. Bone mending is Madame Pomfrey's speciality."

I smiled before I remembered why we were even here.

"But the match," I asked. "What happened? Are we doing a replay?"

No one said anything, and that's when I realized the horrible truth. I looked over at Y/n who looked more angry than sad now.

"We didn't lose?" I asked reluctantly.

"Diggory got the Snitch," said George. "Just after you fell. He didn't realize what had happened. When he looked back and saw you and Y/n on the ground, he tried to call it off. Wanted a rematch. But they won fair and square...even Wood admits it."

"Where is Wood?" I asked, suddenly realizing he wasn't there.

"Still in the showers," answered Fred. "We think he's trying to drown himself."

I put my face to my knees, my hands gripping my hair.

Fred grabbed my shoulder and shook it roughly, and said, "C'mon, Harry, you've never missed the Snitch before, not that big of a deal."