Start the Term

Let's get into it.

First Person POV - Y/n

"I hate this," I groaned as Hermione forced me out of bed.

I loved Hogwarts but the early mornings it required, I did not. It didn't help that the weather outside was as depressing as it could be.

The rest of summer has been nice weather, even yesterday on my birthday it had been sunny but today...rain was pouring and there was a wind that seemed to rattle the windows.

"What a day to start the term," I said as I went into the bathroom.

When I came out, it was as if the weather had gotten worse. The house was shaking now and I walked downstairs, almost tripping twice because of the shakes.

"Y/n, can't you control this," said Ron as I came down to the first-floor for breakfast.

I had honestly forgotten that I had unique abilities and I leaned outside the window and split the rain clouds above us and slowded down the wind.

It was still raining and windy over nearby villages but over the Burrow, it was sunny and warm.

"Peace," said George as I sat down. "How long will it last?"

"Until I bring it down," I said, "Which can be never if Mrs. Weasley wants."

"As nice as it is, neighbors might complain," said Mrs. Weasley serving us hot porridge. "Maybe as you all head to the station."

"Sure," I said smiling and she gave me extra honey on mine.

There was a sudden ringing and Mrs. Weasley ran over to the staircase.

"Arthur!" she called up the staircase. "Arthur! Urgent message from the Ministry!"

Mr. Weasley came running with his robes on backwards. He started looking for something as Amos Diggory's head popped up in the fireplace.

"What in the hell?" I asked as I closed my eyes and opened them again to see if I was dreaming.

"...Muggle neighbors heard bangs and shouting, so they went and called those what-d'you-call-'ems...please-men. Arthur, you've got to get over there-"

Mrs. Weasley handed him the quill and parchment and he started writing viciously.

"-it's a real stroke of luck I heard about it," said Mr. Diggory's head. "I had to come into the office early to send a couple of owls, and I found the Improper Use of Magic lot all setting off-if Rita Skeeter gets hold of this one, Arthur-"

"What does Mad-Eye say happened?" asked Mr. Weasley.

Mr. Diggory's head rolled its eyes, and replied, "Says he heard an intruder in his yard. Says he was creeping toward the house but was ambushed by his dustbins."

"What did the dustbins do?" asked Mr. Weasley.

"Made one hell of a noise and fired rubbish everywhere, as far as I can tell. Apparently one of them was still rocketing around when the please-men turned up-"

"And what about the intruder?"

"Arthur, you know Mad-Eye, someone creeping into his yard in the dead of night? More likely there's a very shell-shocked cat wandering around somewhere, covered in potato peelings. But if the Improper Use of Magic lot gets their hands on Mad-Eye, he's had it-think of his record-we've got to get him off on a minor charge, something in your department-what are exploding dustbins worth?"

"Might be a caution. Mad-Eye didn't use his wand? He didn't actually attack anyone?"

"I'll bet he leaped out of bed and started jinxing everything he could reach through the window, but they'll have a job proving it, there aren't any casualties...is it not raining where you're at?"