With You

I'm just on a roll.

Let's get into it.

First Person POV - Y/n

We headed up to the Owlery that evening so I could send letters out to tell my guardians and Mrs. Weasley that I wasn't dead.

As we did, Ron and Harry started talking about potential second tasks.

"There's no way any of the other tasks are going to be that dangerous, how could they be?" Ron said and I slapped him on the head, "Ow, what was that for?"

"You know what you just did," I said looking at Ron. "You just jinxed it. I swear to Merlin, the next two tasks will be triple the danger because of what you said."

"Oh come off it. You know what? I reckon you could win this tournament, I'm serious."

"Y/n's got a long way to go before she finishes this tournament," Hermione said seriously. "If that was the first task, I hate to think what's coming next."

"Right little ray of sunshine, aren't you?" said Ron. "You and Professor Trelawney should get together sometime."

"Low blow, Weasley," I said trying not to laugh as I handed my letter to Sirius to Ron.

Ron attatched it to Pigwidgeon and then threw the owl out of the window. Pigwidgeon plummeted twelve feet before managing to pull himself back up again.

"You almost just murdered your owl," snapped Hermione. "You could have let him out gently, but no, you had to throw the poor owl out."

"It's not my fault," defended Ron. "The letter was heavy."

I hadn't been able to resist giving Sirius a blow-by-blow account of exactly how I had defeated the Horntail.

We watched Pigwidgeon disappear into the darkness, and then Ron said, "Well, we'd better get downstairs for your surprise party, Y/n-"

"RON!" yelled Harry and Hermione and I just laughed.

Sure enough, when we entered the Gryffindor common room it exploded with cheers and yells. There were mountains of cakes and pitchers of pumpkin juice and butterbeer on every surface.

Someone had let off some fireworks so that the air was thick with stars and sparks, and Dean, who was very good at drawing, had put up some impressive new banners.

I couldn't believe how happy I felt and how I was excited for the next task.

"Blimey, this is heavy," said Lee, picking up the golden egg, which I had left on a table, and weighing it in his hands. "Open it, Y/n, go on! Let's just see what's inside it!"

"Yeah, go on, Y/n, open it!" several people echoed.

Lee passed me the egg, and I turned the egg hard and it popped open. However, as soon as I did, the most horrible noise, a loud and screechy wailing, filled the room.

"AH CLOSE IT!" yelled Ron and I shut the egg as fast as I could.

"What was that?" said Seamus, staring at the egg. "Sounded like a banshee. Maybe you've got to get past one of those next, Y/n!"

"It was someone being tortured!" said Neville, who had gone very white. "You're going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse!"

"Don't be a prat, Neville, that's illegal," said George. "They wouldn't use the Cruciatus Curse on the champions. I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing, maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower."

All the Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, and I snorted.

"Want a jam tart, Hermione?" said Fred.

Hermione looked doubtfully at the plate he was offering her, while Fred grinned.