Words and Wands

Let's get into it!

First Person POV - Y/n

"Umbridge has been reading my mail. There's no other explanation."

"You think Umbridge attacked Aquila?" asked Harry.

"I'm almost certain of it," I said before seeing Harry's frog about to jump, "Watch your frog, it's escaping."

Harry pointed his wand at the bullfrog and spelled it back towards him.

"It was a very, very close call last night," said Hermione. "I just wonder if Umbridge knows how close it was. Silencio!"

The bullfrog on which she was practicing her Silencing Charm was struck dumb mid-croak and glared at her.

"If she'd caught Snuffles..." started Ron.

"He'd probably be back in Azkaban this morning," I said and he nodded, "At least Sirius knows now."

"Hopefully he won't try again," said Hermione.

"I don't reckon he'll risk it again," said Ron. "He's not stupid, he knows she nearly got him. Silencio! Silencio! SILENCIO!"

The raven cawed more loudly and Hermione grabbed Ron's hand.

"Move your wand properly," Hermione instructed, "Like a sharp jab."

"Ravens are harder than frogs," said Ron testily.

"Fine, let's swap," said Hermione, taking Ron's raven and replacing it with her own fat bullfrog. "Silencio!"

The raven continued to open and close its sharp beak, but no sound came out.

"Very good, Miss Granger!" said Professor Flitwick. "Now, let me see you try, Mr. Weasley!"

Ron looked very flustered and he jabbed at the bullfrog and ended up poking it in the eye.

"Oh god," I said as the frog started to croak very loudly, "Silencio!"

The room was now silent again and the frog was still moving its mouth.

"Fantastic, Miss Emrys," said Professor Flitwick, "As for you, Mr. Weasley..."

It came as no surprise that Ron was given additional practice of the Silencing Charm for homework.

We sat down inside one of the classrooms on the first floor after class since it was pouring outside.

"Can you change the weather?" asked Ron, "It's too glum."

"I would but Umbridge would probably give me detention for messing with the natural order of things or something like that," I said annoyed, "And I'm trying to limit how many times I beat myself up."

However, that didn't last long. The weather did not improve as the day wore on and when I went down to Quidditch practice at seven o'clock that evening, I was badgered by everyone to change the weather.

"Alright, alright, but someone else is dealing with my detention," I said after we were soaked just a few minutes into practice.

I pointed my hands at the cloudy sky and envisioned the clearing of the clouds. I was stronger at it and didn't need to say the latin spells. I could just envision it happening.

Mist shimmered from my hands and the rain clouds above the pitch and Hogwarts cleared and the sun was now shining.

There were cheers across the pitch and I could even hear a few from the castle.

"We'll never tell her it was you," said Fred.

"I'm pretty sure only one person can change weather in our school," I said laughing, "But I appreciate the thought."