The Goblet

Let's get into it.

First Person POV - Y/n

Dumbledore closed the casket and placed the goblet carefully on top of it, where it would be clearly visible to everyone in the Hall.

"Anybody wishing to submit themselves as champion must write their name and school clearly upon a slip of parchment and drop it into the goblet," said Dumbledore. "Aspiring champions have twenty-four hours in which to put their names forward. Tomorrow night, Halloween, the goblet will return the names of the three it has judged most worthy to represent their schools. The goblet will be placed in the entrance hall tonight, where it will be freely accessible to all those wishing to compete."

"To ensure that no underage student yields to temptation," said Dumbledore, "I will be drawing an Age Line around the Goblet of Fire once it has been placed in the entrance hall. Nobody under the age of seventeen will be able to cross this line.

I looked over at the twins who looked like they were already plotting something.

"Finally, I wish to impress upon any of you wishing to compete that this tournament is not to be entered into lightly. Once a champion has been selected by the Goblet of Fire, he or she is obliged to see the tournament through to the end. The placing of your name in the goblet constitutes a binding, magical contract. There can be no change of heart once you have become a champion. Please be very sure, therefore, that you are wholeheartedly prepared to play before you drop your name into the goblet. Now, I think it is time for bed. Good night to you all."

"An Age Line!" Fred said as we made our way across the Hall, "Well, that should be fooled by an Aging Potion, shouldn't it? And once your name's in that goblet, you're laughing, it can't tell whether you're seventeen or not!"

"Come on," I said, "An aging potion against Dumbledore's spells. That doesn't sound reasonable."

"Where is he?" said Ron, who wasn't listening to a word of this conversation. "Dumbledore didn't say where the Durmstrang people are sleeping, did he?"

But this query was answered almost instantly, and they were level with the Slytherin table now, and Karkaroff had just bustled up to his students.

"Back to the ship, then," he was saying. "Viktor, how are you feeling? Did you eat enough? Should I send for some mulled wine from the kitchens?"

We saw Krum shake his head as he pulled his furs back on.

"Professor, I vood like some vine," said one of the other Durmstrang boys.

"I wasn't offering it to you, Poliakoff," snapped Karkaroff. "I notice you have dribbled food all down the front of your robes again, disgusting boy-"

"Professor," said the boy I had recognized from before, "Let him be."

"And you? Do you need anything?" asked Karkaroff, the paternal attitude returning, "Everything's ok?"

"Yes," said the boy.

Karkaroff turned and led his students toward the doors, reaching them at exactly the same moment as we did.

Harry stopped to let them walk through first. I looked around and made eye contact with the boy from before. He observed me for a few seconds before he disappeared into the crowd of students.

"Wait," I said but he was gone.

Professor Karkaroff swept his students away with him.

"What happened?" asked Ron pulling me over, "Please tell me this isn't going to be like last year with some secret rendezvous with an innocent murderer."