Chaser and Seeker

Wooo, Chapter Siete. Let's get into it.

First Person POV - Y/n

I had only just arrived at Hogwarts and I already had my least favorite teacher, Professor Severus Snape.

We arrived at the Great Hall and sat down as food began to appear on the tables. I didn't really feel like eating. 

I knew Professor Snape didn't like Gryffindors but getting detention on my very first day ever at a School of Magic was disappointing. 

"Hey," said Hermione nudging my shoulder, "It's ok. People get detention all the time."

"Yeah, but on their first day?" I asked. 

"Look starving yourself isn't going to just make the detention disappear," said Ron, and Harry nodded, "Eat your anger away. That's what I do."

I smiled and grabbed a plate but still didn't want to eat a lot. 

"I don't even understand what I did. He asked the questions to me and then I answered," I reasoned as we ate, "I swear he's just mad I can afford shampoo and he can't."

Harry and Ron both snorted and began to choke on their food and I pushed a pitcher of water toward them. I reached over and hit Ron's back as Hermione did the same with Harry. 

"That was bloody brilliant," said Ron after chugging down half the pitcher of water, "It almost killed me but it was brilliant nonetheless."

"Right," I said, "You both ok, though?"

"Brilliant," said Harry and I smiled. "So, what's our next class?"

Hermione looked at her schedule and replied, "Oh, Y/n, it's the one you were excited for. Flying."

"Really? Yes!" I said, suddenly very excited, "After the disaster that was Potions, I need this to be enjoyable."

"Well, it might not be as enjoyable as you think," said Ron, and I looked at him, "We have it with the Slytherins. Meaning Malfoy.

"Let's just be civil about it," I reasoned, "We ignore them. They will probably ignore us and we can just go on with the class."

"I doubt it'll work," said Ron, "Malfoy lives for drama. He is a Malfoy after all."

"Great," I said realizing flying might just be another disaster. 

As I continued to eat my anger away, I heard Seamus saying a spell a few seats down. 

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water, into rum...Eye of rabbit, harp string hum..."

"What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" asked Harry and I gave him a confused look, "What?"

"Harry, the last sentence of the spell was quite literally: turn this water into rum," I said and Harry looked down in embarrassment. 

Hermione and Ron chuckled near me but we all stopped when the glass exploded and left the area around Seamus covered in water. 

"Well that was amusing," I said before looking up. "Whoa."

Owls were flying all over the Great Hall and people were grabbing what looked like mail from their claws. 

"Ah, Mail Time," said Ron. 

Ron got a few things, including a newspaper that he wasn't using. I glanced over to see the headline and saw that someone had broken into Gringotts. 

"Harry, look at this," I said grabbing the newspaper and holding it in front of us, "Somebody broke into Gringotts. Listen, believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day."