Basilisk, Basilisk

I'm in FLASH mode at this point. 

Let's get into it!

First Person POV - Harry

"Tom Riddle?" I asked and he nodded,. "What d'you mean, they won't wake? They're not?"

"They are still alive," said Riddle. "But only just."

"Are you a ghost?" I asked uncertainly, looking at the teenage boy who still looked 16 even though he should be 56 at this moment.

"A memory," said Riddle quietly. "Preserved in a diary for fifty years."

He pointed toward the little black diary that had been stolen from Y/n's dorm.

How did it get there?

"You've got to help me, Tom," I said, raising Y/n's head again. "We've got to get them out of here. There's a basilisk...I don't know where it is, but it could be along at any moment. Please, help me."

Riddle didn't move at all. Instead, he just stood there staring. I had managed to pick Y/n up so that she was sitting up and I went to pick up my wand which was gone.

"Did you see-?" I asked looking up, to see Riddle holding my wand. I reached out my hand, and said, "Thanks."

He held onto my wand and his smirk grew as he continued to twirl my wand.

"Listen," I said urgently. "We've got to go! If the basilisk comes-"

"It won't come until it is called," said Riddle calmly.

"What d'you mean? Look, give me my wand, I might need it."

"You won't be needing it."

"What d'you mean, I won't be-"

"I've waited a long time for this, Harry Potter," said Riddle. "For the chance to see you. To speak to you."

My patience was wearing thin, and I stood up after carefully placing Y/n's head on the ground and said, "Look, I don't think you get it. We're in the Chamber of Secrets. We can talk later-"

"We're going to talk now," said Riddle, still smiling broadly, and he pocketed my wand.

"How did Y/n and Ginny get like this?" I asked slowly.

"Well, that's an interesting question," replied Riddle happily. "And quite a long story. I suppose the real reason Ginny Weasley's like this is because she opened her heart and spilled all her secrets to an invisible stranger."

Ron pulled Ginny over to where we were and we both looked at each other confused.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused at what was happening.

"The diary," said Riddle. "My diary. Little Ginny's been writing in it for months and months, telling me all her pitiful worries and woes. How her brothers tease her, how she had to come to school with secondhand robes and books, It's very boring, having to listen to the silly little troubles of an eleven-year-old girl, but I was patient. I wrote back. I was sympathetic, I was kind. Ginny simply loved me. No one ever understood me like you, Tom. I'm so glad I've got this diary to confide in. It's like having a friend I can carry around in my pocket."

"I grew stronger and stronger on a diet of her deepest fears, her darkest secrets. I, far more powerful than little Miss Weasley. Powerful enough to start feeding Miss Weasley a few of my secrets, to start pouring a little of my soul back into her."

"What d'you mean?" I asked as I began to understand that Tom wasn't an ally.

"Haven't you guessed yet, Harry Potter?" said Riddle softly. "Ginny Weasley opened the Chamber of Secrets. She strangled the school roosters and daubed threatening messages on the walls. She set the Serpent of Slytherin on four Mudbloods and the Squib'scat."