The Secret

Hope you all have a great day, and let's get into it.

First Person POV - Y/n

The inside was much warmer than it was outside and it felt nice to be met with such heat.

It was crowded and noisy inside the bar and there was a women serving a bunch of rowdy men over in the corner of the bar.

"That's Madam Rosmerta," said Ron going slightly red. "I'll get the drinks, shall I?"

"I wonder why," I whispered as I scanned the room.

There weren't any teachers inside so I was relieved. There were several other students who saw us but they all smiled and told us that our secret was safe with them.

We found a table that was between the window and the tree so we could see anyone coming and have something to hide behind.

Ron came back five minutes later, carrying four tankards of hot butterbeer. He sat down and handed each of us a tankard, before grabbing one himself.

"Merry Christmas!" he said happily, raising the giant cup.

We all clinked our glasses and then I took a sip. It had to be the most delicious thing I had ever tasted.

It was absolutely perfect for such a cold day. I saw the door open again and Professors McGonagall and Flitwick entered the pub, followed by Hagrid, who was deep in conversation with Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic.

"Shit," I whispered.

We switched seats quickly so Harry and I were hidden by the tree completely and Ron and Hermione could only barely be seen if you focused.

I peeked through the lower branches and saw four sets of chair legs move back from the table right beside theirs.

"A small gillywater," said the voice as the women at the bar came over.

"My usual," replied Professor McGonagall.

"Four pints of mulled mead-"

"Ta, Rosmerta," said Hagrid.

"A cherry syrup and soda with ice and umbrella."

"Mmm!" said Professor Flitwick, smacking his lips.

"So you'll be the red currant rum, Minister."

"Thank you, Rosmerta, m'dear," said Fudge's voice. "Lovely to see you again, I must say. Have one yourself, won't you? Come and join us."

"Well, thank you very much, Minister."

I watched her march away and come back again. My heart was pounding uncomfortably in my throat since I had no idea how long the teachers were going to sit there.

Harry and I needed time for us to sneak back into Honeydukes if we were to return to school tonight without anyone noticing we were gone.

"So, what brings you to this neck of the woods, Minister?"

"What else, m'dear, but Sirius Black? I daresay you heard what happened up at the school at Halloween?" said the minister quietly.

"I did hear a rumor," admitted Madam Rosmerta.

"Did you tell the whole pub, Hagrid?" said Professor McGonagall exasperatedly.

"Do you think Black's still in the area, Minister?" whispered Madam Rosmerta.

"I'm sure of it," said Fudge shortly.

"You know that the Dementors have searched the whole village twice? Scared all my customers away. It's very bad for business, Minister."