Prologue

Fated Mates. Not everyone has one, but those who do feel an inexorable pull to another wolf. Breaking or ignoring the pull can be dangerous and painful for both parties. In many circles, fated mates are treated as sacred. Those who are religious believe fated mates are brought together by the Moon Goddess. She pulls on the strings of fate to complete a divine union between select people.

You're not religious and not sure if you believe the Moon Goddess exists or has power over people's lives. You're not sure if you believe in fated mates and often find yourself rejecting the idea of mates at all. Your idea of freedom is a life of anonymity, living alone, depending on yourself.

When you met him, you thought about nothing but escape from your hunger, your fear, and your fate. His crescent eyed smile was a balm for your wounded soul and you did the one thing you never thought you would; you mated with him.

If the Moon Goddess was playing games with you, moving and pulling the strings behind the scenes, you were not sure if you wanted to join. The pull into this new life was unexpected and unavoidable. The twang of taught strings echoed as you stumbled forward into the unknown.