64- Hold On

Hoseok felt like he was going to lose it. The car that they had been following, the car that carried two of their precious mates, had turned around a blind corner and virtually disappeared. It had been too far ahead of them. Taehyung and Y/N, they weren't dead, Hoseok believed that, but if they didn't catch up to that SUV there was no telling what would happen to them.

One after another, each of Y/N's marks on them had flared with pain, that was both horrifying and relieving. Y/N was at least alive, but she was also in pain. They couldn't tell how much without the bond though and they couldn't feel anything from Taehyung.

Jungkook was their only hope, his nose was much better than any of theirs. His wolf was zigzagging in an ever growing circle, trying to catch their scent.

How were they able to sedate their bonds? Hoseok didn't even know that was a thing, but both Yoongi and Namjoon had heard of it.

Apparently it was a drug that was frequently supplied at prostitution houses. You couldn't cheat on someone you were bonded with, it would be pretty obvious, you would be able to feel it through the bond, but not if it was sedated. The thought of someone cheating on their mate made Hoseok feel sick to his stomach.

Jungkook, can you smell them? It wasn't the first time they had asked him. For the last five minutes, Jungkook's wolf had been circling the area that they were pretty sure they last saw the car.

It's so faint. He kept coming back to one area, it was a derelict road that was swallowed up by the forest.

You think they went up that way though? Yoongi asked impatiently, watching as Jimin paced in front of him with a quick manic energy. Yoongi reached his limit and grabbed the back of Jimin's shirt, stopping the beta's movements. Jimin growled and Hoseok stepped up before it could escalate into a fight. He pulled Jimin to the side and then let him continue pacing, this time out of Yoongi's line of vision. Jungkook's wolf paused.

Yes, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to follow it if we go by car.

Then we're on foot, we'll leave the car here. Namjoon shifted, shaking his thick tawny coat. Hoseok had been in awe of Namjoon's wolf from the first time he saw it. His wolf was large, coming up nearly to Hoseok's hip. His eyes were golden caramel, hardened and ready to take on any challenge. He was clearly an alpha fully in charge. It was a wolf that demanded respect and had always made Hoseok feel safe.

He shook out his own pure white coat when he shifted and tensed his body, ready to follow his pack. The four wolves turned to Jungkook's. With a huff, the young alpha took off running, plunging into the forest and after their mates.

You knew you couldn't do what Jihun asked. You couldn't bring anyone back from the dead, not even your mates. You had come to learn that all you were doing was manipulating the bond that you shared with them. If they died, then you were no longer bonded to them and you wouldn't be able to bring them back.

You had never been bonded to Gaeul, plus he had been dead and rotting for over a month now. You couldn't grow things back, that was the number one thing you knew. You couldn't grow back a soul.

So you used every precious second to plan your escape. The threads of tattered bond that you could feel connecting you to Taehyung were still more ethereal than corporeal and you couldn't maintain a good hold on them, meaning you still couldn't link with him.

His moist eyes were heavy with fear and you felt angrier than you have ever felt before. These five wolves had suppressed you and terrorized you for years. They had made your life hell and the scars they made would probably never heal. That was bad enough, but seeing that fear and hopelessness reflected in Taehyung's face pushed you over the edge of fear to plunge face first into a red hot indignant rage. He was yours and they would not take him from you.