60- Premonition

Forests always look different at night. It can make the loveliest trees appear sinister and the slightest of sounds become threats. And you heard sounds, shifting dirt and metal scraping. You began walking towards the sound. The dark trees hovering over you, sending shivers down your spine and making you feel like you had to look over your shoulder every few seconds.

There was a feeling of dread settling deep in your gut, it's influence spreading like a dark disease over your whole body. Whatever you were about to see, it meant something, a dark twisted premonition.

There were four figures, two keeping watch while the other two were shoveling dirt out of a hole. There was a wooden spear at the head of the hole, a decaying bird impaled on the end. You recognized the faces of the hellhounds now. They were all covered in dirt and sweat as if they had been taking turns unearthing whatever was buried. Your sense of unease grew when Seongho and Uri began tugging something free.

The first thing you noticed was the slack jaw, the decaying face and the empty, gaping eye sockets. The face of a dead body. They were digging up a dead body. It could only be Gaeul. The dark hole of his grave felt like a swirling vortex. You tried to resist the current that was pulling you towards it. It seemed like Gaeul's dead arms flopped open, dirty rotting hands palms up in greeting.

"Come here, Y/N!" The empty eye sockets of your former alpha drew you in. With terror, you fell face first into the dark hole and his dead embrace.

Then you were in a warehouse on your knees while someone behind you held you still. Taehyung was on his knees in front of you, his big dark eyes were terrified. There was a flash of a long curved knife and then Taehyung was on the ground, a pool of blood pumping onto the ground like someone tipped a jug of milk. It was hot and sticky on your hands. And his eyes stared at you, unblinking, devoid of any life. He was dead.

Waking up from your nightmare felt jarring and disorienting. Hands were touching you, men were calling your name. You pushed and shoved your way out, stumbling off the bed. You couldn't breathe, you needed fresh air. You hurried down the stairs and ran for the front door. You could hear panicked footsteps following you and voices in your head.

You wrenched open the door and only took a couple of steps before you fell to your knees and scrambled back in horror.

"Holy shit! What the fuck is that?"

"How the fuck did that get there?"

If your dream had been a premonition, this was the omen. A large black bird was skewered on the end of a five foot spear no more than ten feet from the entrance of the pack house.

You were scooped up in someone's arms and you would have fought back if you hadn't been overwhelmed by a calming sensation that made your limbs weak and your mind slow. Namjoon's influence, normally so subtle you thought it was natural, was now forcibly shutting down your panic attack and the sudden absence of any emotion other than chemically induced tranquility had you feeling numb.

You were handed off to someone else and you blinked stupidly, trying to force your brain back to life. You tilted your head back and realized you were in Jin's arms.

"You're ok, little one. You're ok!" He rocked you back and forth.

You sought out his scent as it brought back the feeling in your body. You didn't know if your dream was a sign of things to come, but you were terrified nonetheless. Your eyes searched for Taehyung. His back was to you. His pajama bottoms were being held hostage in both of his fists as if he was gripping them for support.

He was the only member of the pack you were not bonded to yet, the only member you couldn't save if mortally injured. You would not let your dream come true. You would do whatever you needed to protect him.