chapter eight

Alejandro POV
"Nice work out there" our athletic trainer says as he pats my back. We're walking towards the reporter for the end of March interview. I smile as she motions for me to walk over.
"Here's your mic, just going to ask a few questions, shouldn't take too long" she smiles. I nod as the camera man lets us know we're live.

"We're here tonight with Alejandro Garnacho. Who played an incredible 20 minutes there at the end of the match. Alejandro how did you feel overall about the match?"
"Thank you. Great I was so happy to be able to get some minutes and of course for the victory, and to advance to the next stage"
"Yes of course. Beating Real Sociedad, it will be barcelonas turn to travel here in a few weeks. How are you feeling about that?"
"I mean, I'm not worried. I'm very confident that we'll win" I shrug.
"And now for a bit of a personal question. We heard the news of you and your girlfriend, everyone was surprised. Are you able to give us a reason as to why you two broke up?"
I make a confused face, but quickly try to cover it up. I'm not sure what she's talking about.
"I think that's enough questions for today" my athletic trainer says as he pulls me to the side.
I'm still in shock and confused. What the fuck did Delaney do?

"Hey, you don't have to answer those questions ever if you don't want" my trainer says as we begin to walk to the locker room. I ignore him and jog back quickly. Once I get to the locker room everyone pauses.
"What?" I say annoyed.
I make my way over to my seat and begin to look for my phone.
"You should see this" Jadon says with a video already up. I grab his phone and hit play.

"One last announcement from Delaney here to all the fans" the interviewer says. The camera moves over to Delaneys face. I can see she's nervous because she's playing with her thumb, she does that when she's nervous.
"I want to firstly apologize for canceling the meet and greet we had scheduled for next month. Unfortunately there's been some changes. As you all know Alejandro was going to be attending with me, for a colab. But, we've actually broken up and are no longer together" the crowd gasps and people begin to whisper.
"And can you tell us why?" The reporter asks.
"It's something that I wish to keep private for the time being. I wish him the best, but I will no longer be attending events with him" she stands up leaving the stage as the reporter closes out the video.

A feeling of anger overcomes me. I told her we weren't done until I said so, and we haven't even talked about it. I never agreed to be over, she can't do that shit!

I hand the phone back to Jadon and start changing. I slam the locker in anger as everyone looks at me.
"Plenty of girls out there for you Ale" Marcus jokes.
"Shut the fuck up! All of you" I say shoving him. He tries to come back and hit me, but we're stopped by everyone else.
"Go home Alejandro. We don't need this shit" Bruno Fernandes says to me. I roll my eyes and grab my bag.

This can't be happening, I need to call Delaney.

Delaney POV
"You did great. I'm proud of you" Eric smiles wrapping an arm around me.
"Gracias"
A feeling of relief fills me for a second, even though I'm sure people will have questions. I don't plan to give
them any other explanations though. Eric leads me towards the car and opens the door for me to get in. He jogs around and gets to the driver seat as we head off.
"Pedri needs a ride to the match, do you mind if we pick him up now?" Eric asks me.
"Of course not. That's fine with me"
He nods as we make our way to pedris house. He doesn't live far either, only about 5 minutes from our home.

As soon as we pull up Pedri walks toward the car. He was waiting outside with his bag.
"Buenas" he smiles getting into the backseat.
He shuts the door behind him as we drive off.
"I just have to make a quick stop at my parents house, I forgot my wallet" Eric says. I nod as we begin to drive back to my parents house.