chapter sixteen

a few weeks later.
Pedri POV
Today is the day. The day I planned to ask Delaney to be my girlfriend. I was so nervous, I don't even know why. I've never felt nervous like this. I talked it through with Eric yesterday, he's one of my best friends but I can tell he's still not sure about this. He is her older brother, so it's understandable.

Yesterday:
"So I have to ask you something" I take a deep breath as I look over at Eric. We were currently at practice, we were taking a break while Xavi and the other coaches spoke. I sat beside Eric as we stretched in the meantime.
"What did you do now?" He raises an eyebrow.
"Nothing! Why would you think that" I laugh.
"Just tell me" he smiles.
"So, you know I've been spending more time with your sister, and-"
"Oh no. I know where this is heading" he shakes his head and hides his face in his hands.
"What?"
"Keep going" he says.
"Oh. Um yeah. And you know, I really enjoy spending time with her. And you're my best friend and I know this might be weird but, I just wanted to ask, or tell you that I want to ask her to be my girlfriend" . I look over and i can't tell how he's reacting.
"What if I say no?" He says looking at me seriously.
"What? Oh, I mean-"
"I'm just joking. You're so gullible" he laughs as he smacks my head.
"Ow" I rub my head but then smile.
"It's fine with me, I just don't want to see her hurt. So if you hurt her, it's over for you. I will beat the shit out of you, I don't care the consequences, she's been through too much already". I can tell he really means this part.
"I know. I won't hurt her, I promise" I reply.
"Good"
"Ladies ladies, enough chatting let's get to work!" Ferran yells, we both roll our eyes and get up.

Present:
"Suerte hermanito, remember if she says no you're probably just too ugly" fer, my brother, jokes with me. I roll my eyes before smacking him as he laughs.

I walk out the door and head to my car. I drive towards Eric's house, still feeling nervous. Since Eric is aware of my plan, he made sure that Delaney had no plans for today. I arrive at their house, it's still morning so I hope she's awake. I knock at the door and Eric answers. We do our handshake and he lets me inside.

"She doesn't suspect anything right?" I ask him. He shakes his head, "no she's so slow" he laughs.
"Who's slow?" She asks as she enters, raising her eyebrow.
"You" Eric laughs.
"Eric, be nice" I smack his head.
"Gracias Pedro" she smiles as she walks over to give me a hug.
"You guys are annoying" Eric says, he begins to walk away and winks at me so she doesn't see.
"What are you doing here so early?" She asks as she pulls away.
"I came to ask if you wanted to come with me to pick up Fernando" I lie.
"Sure, where is he?"
"His car broke down somewhere, he needs me to go pick him up" I reply.
"Oh okay, sure let me just grab my things" she smiles, walking away.

Obviously it's just a lie to get her into the car, where I'll drive to the surprise. She grabs her things and we say goodbye to Eric before heading out. I open the door for her and walk around to my door.

I drive off as she begins to search for our favorite playlist. It's mostly Quevedo.

"I love this song" she smiles as she puts the window down.
"You learned from the best" I wink.
"I did" she replies before she begins singing.

I'm so happy that she's opened up to me, and she's been so comfortable. I'm happy in the place we're at.

____

About an hour in, we're arriving to the surprise. I can start seeing the beginning of the ocean and the sand.

"So how much longer exactly?"
"We're close, just a few more minutes" I smile.

I pull into a nearby parking by the edge of the boardwalk.
"So where's Fernando?" She asks now confused.
"Just follow me"
She hesitates, but eventually agrees. I step out of the car and walk around to open the door for her.

I begin to walk across the boardwalk and towards the beach. The sun is beginning to set, so it's perfect.
"Pedro, please tell me what's going on now"
"It's nothing bad. I'm sorry for lying, but I promise it's going to be worth it" I say grabbing her hand.

We stand at the edge of the beach, facing each other.
"Princesa, I don't even know where to start. I'm so happy that life brought us together. That without planning it, we became close and are in each others lives. I've never felt this way about anyone else before. I promise to always be here for you and to protect you. I'm so nervous about this, but I'd love it if you would be my girlfriend" I say with the biggest smile on my face.
She grabs my other hand, with tears in her eyes. She smiles and leans in. I pull her into a hug , and rub her back.
"Is that a yes?" I joke.
"Yea of course! You don't know how happy I am. A million times yes" she laughs.
"Gracias princesa" I lean in and place my lips on hers. They move in sync, and we both smile into the kiss.
It couldn't have been more perfect.

nanigarcia 296,624 likes el día más perfecto🤍user1: omgg is that who I think it is??ericgm3: no me lo creo 🙃🙃    nanigarcia: jajja te odio pedri: mi princesa ❣️    nanigarcia: tqm

nanigarcia
296,624 likes
el día más perfecto🤍
user1: omgg is that who I think it is??
ericgm3: no me lo creo 🙃🙃
    nanigarcia: jajja te odio
pedri: mi princesa ❣️
    nanigarcia: tqm

nanigarcia 296,624 likes el día más perfecto🤍user1: omgg is that who I think it is??ericgm3: no me lo creo 🙃🙃    nanigarcia: jajja te odio pedri: mi princesa ❣️    nanigarcia: tqm

pedri
716,927 likes
la mas hermosa 🤍
nanigarcia: I'm the happiest w you
user1: nooo💔
pablogavi: I've been replaced 💔
    user2: JAJAJAJ