chapter seventeen

"What do you say we have the best day ever?" Pedro smiles as he looks down at me.
"Let's do it" I reply.

He grabs me by my hand as we walk along the beach. We make our way to the boardwalk, where we walk into a cafe. Since it's still very early, there aren't many people. We enter the cafe, and are seated outside. We have the most beautiful view of the ocean. The waitress takes our order and walks away.
"Pedro, I wasn't expecting any of this. I'm so happy, I don't know what to say" I blush. He places his hand on top of mine.
"I was so nervous, but this feels so right. I've known it since you came into my life that we were meant to be together. I really like you and I can't wait to see where this goes" he kisses my hand and sets it back down.

Internally I can't help but scream. I can't believe this is happening. After everything I've been through, I never expected this to happen.

a few days later.
The boys have a home match today, and it'll be the first one I'll attend as Pedri's girlfriend. I'm so excited but so nervous. The reaction from fans has been mixed, and I'm not used to it. Since Alejandro wasn't that known I guess people didn't mind that we dated.

I shower and get dressed for the match. I wear blue jeans, my all white dunks, and my Barcelona jersey. It's a bit cloudy out, so I wear a small jacket over top. I add some light makeup, and straighten my hair out.

I walk out of my room and find Eric sitting on the sofa.
"Lista?" He asks. I nod and follow him out the door.
"If anyone says anything to you, just ignore. I don't want you to get hurt and take it personally. People can forget we're humans too and have feelings" Eric smiles as he looks at me.
"Gracias Eric" I reply.

He was a bit unsure about pedri and I. I can tell he still feels weird about it. But I know he only has good intentions. And what he said means a lot to me.

We arrive at the stadium, and like always enter through the player lot. I follow Eric as he begins to walk inside.
"Okay. I'll see you after then" he smiles, turning to hug me.
"Suerte Eric. I'll see you after" I reply and place a kiss on his cheek. He smiles and walks toward the locker-room.

I move to the side to wait for pedri. A few minutes later he arrives, looking tired.
"Hola guapa" his eyes light up as he sees me.
I walk over and give him a big hug.
"Hola, you still look so tired" I pout.
"I am. But I had to pick up Fernando at 2:00 am" he sighs. I rub his back as he still holds me close.
"I'm so happy you're here though. My lucky charm" he smirks.
"I hope so. I know you'll do great".
"Pedri! Time to go!" Sergi Roberto yells out. Pedro nods.
"I'll see you after guapa. Te quiero" he smiles and places a kiss on my lips.
"Te quiero, suerte Pedro" I smile back. He walks away as I wave.

I walk over to my spot. I'm surrounded by a few other girlfriends of them players and their families. I'm slowly getting to know them all and they've all been kind to me so far. When the players walk out I wave to Pedro who winks at me from the field, sending butterflies to my stomach.