Chapter Seventy

"Buenos días!" I'm woken to a cheerful Alejandro who steps into my room. He walks in with his sweatpants and shirtless, making his way over to open my curtains. The brightness shines through and I cover my face with the pillow.
"Ale, what time is it? And if you say anything before 8am I'm going to kill you" I whine. He laughs and I feel the bed sink as he sits beside me. He moves the pillow away and greets me with a smile.
"I thought we could go to breakfast today together. We have a big day ahead of us" he smirks.
I smile back and nod.

I had forgotten about the FA cup final tonight. I was so caught up with traveling and all that I didn't realize it. I'm glad I got to come for it though. Hopefully I'd get to see him win finally after all these years.

He helps me up from bed and gives me a hug.
"I've missed you so much. I'm going to miss you even more" he pouts.
"I know, me too" I reply.
"Today is going to be our fun day. We'll make it worth it" he says.
____

After breakfast we head back to the apartment. I begin to pack up a few things to ship back. I realize it's more than i expected, so some of it is going to be donated. I'm only keeping a few things here in case we ever come back to visit. The rest will be shipped, those that are irreplaceable. Alejandro helps me for sometime, but eventually begins his game day rituals.

Pedro POV
Mateo and I woke up early today to head to training. He was more of a morning person than I so it wasn't too hard. We had a quick breakfast and headed off.

I wanted to call Delaney to check in, but wanted to give her some space. It wasn't my place to be in, it wasn't like we're together and she needed to report herself.

We arrived at the facility and I take Mateo into my arms. I walk inside and we're greeted by some of the staff. They know Mateo from before but I assume they don't know he's my son. That story is for another time. When Delaney is here.

We head to the locker room and there's a few guys here already. I get dressed while Mateo waits patiently. I introduce him to some of the players that don't know him yet. Only ferran and gavi know he's my son. No one else asks, but like i said I didn't want to mention it yet.

Delaney POV
It was later in the afternoon and ale was getting ready to head out. He had his bag ready and stood by the door.

"I'm heading out now. Get there safe" he says. I stand up and walk over. He puts his arms around me and I stand on my tip toe to kiss his cheek.
"Buena suerte Ale" I say. He smiles and lets me go. He walks out leaving me behind with my mess.

I clean up a bit before beginning to get ready. I take a shower and pick out my outfit.

I straighten my hair and apply some makeup as I listen to music. Once I finish I realize I still have some time, so I pull out my phone to check up on the boys.

Calling: Pedro Gonzalez

alo?

holaa, how's it going?

Good good. We're just here at the training facility, getting ready for practice. Mateo is out with ferran, let me go look for him-

No no it's okay . I'm sure he's having fun. I just wanted to check in and say hello

Okay, maybe we can call tonight

Just text me, I'm heading to the FA cup final so I'm not sure when we'll return.

Oh- that's why you look nice.