Chapter sixty

Pedro POV
"Ugh I can't believe we had to sleep in this uncomfortable bed. Can't we just go back home?" Tania says annoyed as I was getting ready.
"Tania, be grateful they're letting us stay. Don't be such a pain on the ass" I roll my eyes.
"Don't talk to me like that Pedro, I don't know what your problem is"
"I'm not arguing. I have to get going for practice" I say and walk out of the room.

I walk toward the kitchen and find Mateo and Olivia seated at the table. Mateo was helping her make pancakes.
"Pedri! Want to help us?" Mateo asks with the brightest smile.
"Me? Oh, sure" I smile back, surprised he wanted to include me.

I walk over and stand beside him. He explains to me the steps, he's so smart for his age.
"Mami loves pancakes, did you know?" He says as he watches Olivia mix the batter.
"I did actually. Her favorite are blueberry pancakes" I reply.
"Yeah! They are! How did you know?" He looks surprised.
"She was my best friend" I say trying not to get upset. I'm not sure why, I hadn't felt this before. I felt like crying. But I didn't want to confuse him so I wiped my eyes off quickly.

We finished the pancakes and set the table. No sign of Alejandro, maybe he's still asleep.

Mateo, Olivia, and I ate breakfast together. Tania is on a weird diet so she's not eating with us. I don't know why she's acting this way. I mean we did agree not to have kids, but because I didn't see myself being a parent with her. I didn't want to put that pressure on her, I know she doesn't want children. But now that I knew of Mateo I wanted to be involved. And I've always wanted kids. I hope she changed her mind and maybe she'll get to know Mateo as we spend more time together.

____

"I should head out to training. Is it okay? I'm sorry to leave him-" I begin to tell Olivia.
"Pedro, relax. I don't expect you to change your life just because you found out about Mateo. I'll respect your decision of trying to get involved, but I'm not counting on you. I'll keep caring for Mateo as I know Delaney would. You don't have to take responsibility, but you're welcome to get more involved" she replies.

I don't know what to reply so I just nod.

"I'm leaving too. I have things to do. Are we still set for lunch?" Tania asks as she swings her arm around my neck.
"Oh- I thought we could cancel. I want to come and spend time with-"
"Baby! You promised to take my parents to lunch. They're driving here from out of town!" She says getting annoyed.
"It's okay. Mateo will be fine. Keep your plans" Olivia says.
"Okay. I'll see you later Mateo" I say. He smiles and waves before running off toward the living room.

Tania and I head out to the car, arguing the entire way. I drop her off with her parents before heading out to practice. I'll meet them later in town once we're finished.

Alejandro POV
I woke up after Tania and Pedro left. I couldn't stand seeing them. I don't know how Olivia does it.

I helped her get Mateo dressed for the day. She told me she had a few errands to run, so I offered to take Mateo for the day. Beside it would be our last day together. I left for Manchester tomorrow in the morning. I hated that I had to leave, but I had a match and had to return to train.

Mateo and I took off toward the city. Our first stop was to see Delaney and Eric. I promised Mateo I'd bring him when I could.

We checked in at the front desk and were taken straight to their room. Mateo ran over and kissed her hand.
"Hola mami. I miss you so much" he says sadly. I walk over and comfort him.
"We all miss you Nani. We're waiting patiently, right Teo?"
He nods.
"Tell her what you've been up to. I'm sure she can hear us" I say. He smiles and nods.