chapter eighteen

It's been weeks of Pedri and I together, perfect. We're almost at our 3 month anniversary somehow.

Today was champions league night. The second leg of the Manchester match, which meant that he was coming. I did my best to ignore my fear, the fear that he would come and find me. I tried to ignore it by telling myself that I had Eric, pedri, and the other boys to protect me. But it wasn't enough.

After not sleeping the entire night, I decided to get up. It was already 9:00am either way. I grabbed a change of clothes and headed to the shower.

Once finished, I walked over to the kitchen where Eric was already having breakfast. He was an early bird. He greets me with a smile a she sits at the table. I grab a plate and sit beside him to eat as well.

"Nani, be honest..how are you feeling about tonight?' You know you don't have to go" he tells me and I can tell he's genuine.
"I want to be there to support the team, you and pedri especially. I don't think he'd do anything to me in public, so maybe I'll be okay" I reply telling myself that I agree.
"Okay. But just so you know it's okay if you change your mind, I know Pedro would understand" he gives me a small smile and continues eating. I nod.

After breakfast and a bit of tv, Eric has to head out. Since it's a match day, the team will meet there early. They have media, and prematch interviews to give. I don't want to be there all day sitting around, so I decide to stay home. Eric says goodbye to me, as he walks out of the house, leaving me in the living room.

A while later, a knock sounds at the door. I look through the window first to be safe. I smile and run over, realizing it's my boyfriend. I open the door and he holds his arms out for me as I jump into them.

"Buenos dias guapa" he whispers into my ear.
"Buen día amor" I smile, and look at his beautiful brown eyes. He places a soft but meaningful kiss on my lips. He sets me down as I let him inside.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the team meeting?" I ask as I grab his hand and lead him to the sofa.
"It starts in half an hour, I'll make it on time" he smiles back.
"Eric already left I assume"
"Yes, you know Eric. He probably went to grab his coffee and wanted to be early" I roll my eyes jokingly.

"I just wanted to see you before I head over. I know we won't see each other until the match. Are you still going?" 
I nod, "Eric and I spoke. I think I'll feel safe enough. I want to be there for you both". He puts his hand on my face and caresses me slowly.
"Okay princesa, and know that if he hurts you, I will best his ass. I don't care about the consequences" he says with his jaw slightly clenched.
I put my hand up to his jaw.
"I know amor. I feel safe with you around. Te quiero" i lean over and kiss his lips. His lips move perfectly with mine and he smiles.
"Te quiero más" he winks.

We stand up and hug each other one last time before he heads out. If he's late, Xavi will blame me I'm sure. I lock the door and clean up the mess in the kitchen that Eric left.

I'm left with not much to do. I head up to my room and do a few chores I have left to do, to pass the time.

____

As I'm singing my heart out to one of my favorite songs, Starboy by The Weeknd, I'm interrupted by the doorbell. I pause the music and carefully head downstairs. Maybe Eric or pedri forgot something? But it's weird because by now they would've called.

I forget to check the window first before opening. I open the door, and pause. No it can't be, why? How?

"Hola Nani, can we talk?" He stands with a sad look on his face. For a moment I almost fall for it.
"No! Get out, leave me alone" I say trying to shut the door. He stops it with one arm.
"Por favor" he pleads, a tear falling down his face.